It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User
Floaters

My dad has been seeing floaters in his eye (or eyes) for a few months. He's been to the eye doctor's a couple times and he said there's nothing that can be done with floaters. My dad said it's like a spider web. His eye doctor told him things to watch for, like flashing lights and more floaters than normal. Then he wants to see him again. How long do floaters last? It must be annoying to see these floaters 24/7. Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Bernice

Old 01-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: Floaters

My grandma had mild floaters but she takes a supplement called bilberry and she said they're gone now. I take bilberry as well but for eyestrain. It does help a lot. If you try it make sure it says 25% anthocyanosides somewhere on the bottle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
(female)

IamUnique HB User

I have floaters in my eyes and have had them since childhood. I was sad to find out that I really couldn't see germs in the air. Later in my teens the doctors explained to me that it's things floating in the fluid of my eyes and there is nothing that they can do about it. Now I see small dark spots all the time that move as I move my eyes. When I stress my eyes then I see something more like spider **** everywhere. The number of spots has increased over the years. It's just something we all have some more than others. I personally had a very high fever as a child from a tic bite that almost killed me. It is suspected that this has something to do with it as well.

Take care

Last edited by IamUnique; 01-28-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
(female)

bluebird8 HB User

I also have had floaters practically all my life. I can't remember not having them. I had cataract surgery 1 1/2 years ago on both eyes. Since then my floaters seem to be worse and very difficult to read and focus. I also have had what I think they call lazy eye all my life where either eye can be looking at something and the other eye moves and looks at something else. Since the cataract surgery which really improved my sight as far as cataracts and astygmatism goes, my being able to keep my eyes focus together and not separate has been very, very difficult. I think it might have to do with the floaters being more noticeable and I think I have more. It seems like when the floaters move into my focal point that eye then floats away to let the other eye take over until the floaters go in that eye's focal point. I read about how lasik surgery can take the floaters away. There's only 2 doctors that do this. Has anyone tried this or know anything about this.

Thanks for any info y'all can give me.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-31-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
(female)

IamUnique HB User

I had lasic 7 years ago for my eye site and it made a wonderful difference. But it didn't change the floater situation. I did notice about 2 years after the surgury that the floaters did get worse and developed into a spider web looking thing that takes up a large portion of the visiual area on one eye. Over all the only time I really notice them is when I am in a bright area with light colored backgrounds.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

squatchimo HB User

Lasik won't do anything for floaters. Those doctors are using lasers to break up the floaters, which is different from lasik.

Closed Thread