It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User
Unhappy Visual Field Test

Anyone had a visual field test? I had a visual field test done, and it showed that my peripheral vison was not very good on my left side. I had brain surgery due to scar tissue on the right side of my brain, but it affected the left side of my vision. I also have presure behind my right eye, I go tomorrow to have another eye exam, I worry because I have migraines to boot it all.

The brain surgery was a sucess I am seizure free now, miracles do happen! just praying that my vision will not be effected, and that there isn't a tumor or anything like that to worry about.

Cindy4hope

Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: Visual Field Test

I hope your second appointment went well, and yeilded you some answers

yes I have the VFT several times due to glaucoma. Not my favorite of tests that's for sure. It always stresses my eyes out cause I do my best to not blink so I don't miss any dots.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy4hope View Post
Anyone had a visual field test? I had a visual field test done, and it showed that my peripheral vison was not very good on my left side. I had brain surgery due to scar tissue on the right side of my brain, but it affected the left side of my vision. I also have presure behind my right eye, I go tomorrow to have another eye exam, I worry because I have migraines to boot it all.

The brain surgery was a sucess I am seizure free now, miracles do happen! just praying that my vision will not be effected, and that there isn't a tumor or anything like that to worry about.

Cindy4hope
Hi Cindy4hope!
I will be having a field test on Monday. I've had many of them in the past because I lost peripheral vision due to a lot of surgeries to correct retinal detachments.
In Dec I had a brain tumor removed and since that time have had a visual defect in my central vision. Although reading up on any swelling in the brain may cause peripheral vision loss. So isn't it possible that have had seizures in the past may have led to the peripheral vision loss? Or maybe sweeling in the brain after the surgery may have caused the loss of peripheral vision?
I'm sure you've had many MRIs if they did surgery on your brain and a tumor would have shown up already, so you shouldn't even worry about that.
So hope you will come back and let us know how you are doing.
Good Luck
Hellas

Old 02-13-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cindy4hope HB User

I had the visual field test, it just showed some perpheral vision loss, but no other problems, thank God. Now to get rid of these migraines, not sure what's causing them. neurologist wants to do botox injectiions into my scalp, but I want to do more research first.

BLessings,

cindy4hope

Old 02-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hi Cindy4Hope
Well I did read once that 85% of migraines were caused by low magnesium levels. ONce I started taking magnesium for some sleep problems, I noticed I wasn't getting the ocular auras (that can accompany migraine headaches) that I used to get. In anycase, I don't think it can hurt to try magnesium as it's something we all need. Try one that's easy on the digestive track though, as magnesium can cause diarrhea.
And whatever you find out there for migraine relief, remember you always have the option of the botox injections, which are temporary. Even my eye doctor uses botox for some conditions, so it is an option for lots of things.
Good luck!

Closed Thread