It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
(male)

Bobisa88 HB User
Recurrence of styes? Does that mean i have diabetes?

Hello all,
8-9 months ago I got hit by a soft spikey ball inside the eye. A month or two later I had watery eyes, a feeling of a foreign particle in my eye etc so I went to the doctor and after observing my eye, he found that there was a pimple inside the eyelids. He gave me some eye droppers and after a day my eye was good.

Until yesterday, 6 months after first getting this thing in my eye, i'm having the same symptoms again. I looked around the net and found styes so I think I might have that. I know that you can't diagnose yourself over the net and all, but I think i do have this. I was scared to read that people with diabetes get this, so does that mean that I have diabetes as well? I've experienced some symptoms associated with diabetes.

Have I got diabetes or is there another cause of these styes? I'd like to mention that I've put some moisturizer on, near the eyes both time i have got these styes so could it be possible that the styes are caused by the neutrogena moisturizer? For diabetes, I'm not obese or anything as such but I do have some of the sytmptoms such as always thirsty, especially after eating chocolate or food etc?

So what do you guys think? Because I have had a recurrence of the stye, does that mean i have diabetes?

Thank you heaps from a concerned member,
Bobby.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 AM   #2
(male)

Bobisa88 HB User
Re: Recurrence of styes? Does that mean i have diabetes?

I also have to mention i started wearing contacts 3 and a half months ago, and last time i wore them was 4-5 days ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
(male)

chuckcap HB User
Re: Recurrence of styes? Does that mean i have diabetes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobisa88 View Post
I also have to mention i started wearing contacts 3 and a half months ago, and last time i wore them was 4-5 days ago.
Bob, I had a bout with recurring styes about a year ago. I was told that a stye is a lid infection caused the oil gland getting infected...Anyhow I too use contacts and the only common occurence was the no rub formula. My no rub was not the recalled stuff but none the less that was the only common occurence. I don't have diabetes either. I had internal styes in deep in the eye lid and extrernal as well. They treated external with tobredex drops(which I believe used way too long) Also was instructed to keep the eye lids clean either with baby shapoo or lid scrubs(over the counter) If you skin gets oilly in warm weather keep an eye on the lid appearence, if it looks oilly simply wash them with water during the day. As for your diabetes have a simple blood test to be safe. Just my 2 cents. Oh as a result of my continuing stye problem I developed recurrent correna errosion from an old eye injury, now I am dealing with the discomfort of getting woken in the middle with night in eye pain. See thread on RCE on this board. GOOD LUCK

Last edited by chuckcap; 03-18-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Closed Thread