It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
Eye pain/pressure behind right eye along with other symptoms

For over a year now I have had a lot of eye pain and pressure behind my eyes. Mainly behind my right eye. I also have extremely bad headaches, lightheadedness, and head pressure. I have had mri's ct scans, eye exams, bloodwork galore, angiogram of the brain, etc. Noone can give me a diagnosis. Glaucoma was ruled out. My eye exam was normal. Given the headaches though, my eye doc said that a reasonable next step would be a lumbar puncture to check for Pseudo Tumor. But he can not order one. And since there was no Papilledma/however you spell it, my doctor does not want to order one either. Has anyone else ever had this kind of pain? It feels like if I could just pull my eyeballs out, the pressure and pain would subside. Sometimes it gets so bad that I have to take Vicodin to numb the pain. I try not to take them unless I absolutely have to. Please help.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Eye pain/pressure behind right eye along with other symptoms

DId they test you for mastoiditis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

wmjsease HB User

never heard of it. I'll look it up to see what it is. Thanks

Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

The reason I ask is because my sister was just diagnosed with it. When I looked it up on line I got the impression that it happens mostly in children.

Anyway, she had many, many ear infections as a child and really bad sinus the past few years.

She was diagnosed through CAT scan.

just a thought.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
(female)

mejane2 HB User

I have this kind of pain and pressure too. Mostly behind and above the right eye. Opthamologist and Rheumatologist found nothing wrong. Quite by accident I found that a sinus decongestant relieved the pain. Opthamologist said that it makes sense because the eye is surrounded by sinuses. So now I take a Sudafed 24hr most days, and it is so much better. I know this may sound too simple, but it's working for me.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
(female)

Vball_#4 HB User

I have had this kind of pain and it is miserable. They diagnosed me with a orbital pseudotumor. All my swelling is unilateral in the eye. I still think my problem is linked to a rheumy disease. My problem has flared up about five times and I usually go on high doses of prednisone to relieve it. I also recieved a steroid shot in the orbit of my eye.

Vball_#4

Closed Thread