It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
(male)

eyesforJesus HB User
Cool for your eyes only

Hi everyone

I I am writing this message to anyone who had eye surgeries or is looking toward having one.
I had multiple surgeries on my eyes.I am not bragging just staying a fact.They were not planned just turned out that way.
Please write about your experiences whether good or bad.
Peaple are always wondering if I should have one or not.Just like anything in life If you mess around this the best it wonít get better.I will explain.

First surgery was(1990) I had strabismus surgery Ė when I was a kid my eyes wouldnít fous on the same spot both eyes were off they were extroverted and my left eye saw high but my right eye saw low.so the surgery was on my right eye which brought it up. The Ophthalmologist didnít want to do both eyes and I am glad he didnít I tried Prisms (1972 -1990) but they made my eyes feel like they were spilting apart,My eyes would get burry when driving down the street or freeway. My eyes were always blurry no matter what. He told me the way my eyes are going some time in my life I am going to have eye surgery, It is much easier to have the surgery when your young than when your older. My eye were to strong to have surgery so they left them alone . AFTER surgery I wore a patch for a few days and then he took it off. My non surgical side saw everything normal but on my right eye I saw everything at a forty- five degree angle .which made me nausea and scared but the doctor said it was normal and once the right eye got stronger the sight in my right eye would see parallel with the left eye. Which happened when I was sitting on the toilet? I got so excited I watched my right eye muscle pull up the right eye in place. It was weird! My insuance covered it.

Second surgery Lazik that was an elective surgery I didnít need it but glasses drove me nuts we paid $3400.00. I was the easiest eye surgery I have ever had.
My wife wanted me to have it because she said she was getting tired of me asking where my glasses are. I also wanted to be able to see myself in the mirror without glasses. Also to be able see the clock when its dark without putting on glasses.
So I got it set up: I told the daughter of the man I cared for about the surgery she understood she offered to pick me up after surgery but instead I asked friend to pick me up and the daughter stayed home with her father that day.I went back to work the next day.
My experience with LAZIK was just like Heaven, colors were clearer, depth perception was out of this world I couldnít believe it .Right away I could see clear .
My wife sat through the whole procedure. It only took a few minutes after the financial part was completed.

Hi yal
My third surgery(2004) was cataract surgery .For me Cataracts was the worst thing To have , I was told I had cataracts when I got my strabismus surgery and Lazik surgery. but both said surgery will need to be done sometime down the road It was different doctors that preformed my eye surgeries . I had two doctors tell me I have cataract surgery but in didnít listen. They both told me to wear sunglasses with UV protection but sunglasses were to dark and I didnít need glasses. From (1999 to 2003) I struggled to see any signs. Lines in the streets were double. As a nurses aide in an acute hospital when doing manual bloodpressurs the lines were bouble and triple.At night it was hard to see the deasil truck let alone the cars. lines on the street disappeared. I fought for a long time not to wear glasses. I gave up 10/15/2003 I went to an optometrist who said your cataracts are half your problem. See your ophthalmologist you need surgery.
First I went to and Ophthalmologist who told me all the problems with my eyes and gave me a choice to have laser on my eyes before cataract surgery or just have the cataract surgery .Because most of the time the cataract surgery turns out well without the laser.She said I wonít give you any advise it is your own choice. Well I took home there material on the laser and the cataract surgery . When I got home I looked at the information and called her because I had a question. She said the information I received was out dated she didnít offer new material and if I decided to have laser I had to waitt until end of January of 2004.I be came afraid of her because of the out dated material and I had to wait to long Most of my surgeries as I said was done through my HMO.So I went back to my doctor the name of the Ophthalmologist I wanted to see I wasnít able to see me but I was scheduled to see other doctor in the same clinic I waited a month an a half to see him .I final got to see him when I told him about what the first Ophthalmologist said. He laughed and said she was trying to make more money off you (your eyes are find. I had to struggle to talk to him after the first of consultation because I had to talk to the techs which half the time didnít call back. I felt I had an emergency so I called I got an appointment to see the doctor on call. He yelled at me and tried to make me feel stupid I came. This was before surgery. The surgery was a piece a cake no problems.
He did my eye 6 weeks a part. He put stitches on the incision to keep the wound together. My right eye first my left eye second. I think those stiches caused my eyes to go crazy on me. I still struggled to see even after the surgery.
The left eye( retina) became dettached which was and emergency surgery (6-16-04). The doctor told me to go home and sit in front of the tv donít move your eyes around just straight a head turn on the television watch it all night. So we stayed up all night I saw the Retinalogist at 8am, surgery at 1030 pm. Done at130 am . Home from the hospital at 3 pm .I had 6 weeks off after the surgery.
My eyes were still driving me crazy. I had to work and drive the California freeway.
In 8-2004 my eye became red and swollen and sunken in. I was told the left cornea was emulsifying and dry.
He gave me restatisis for 6 mos. And he ordered punctual plugs (2005) after I finished the drops.
I had dry eyes since 1965 (14) .I have worked as a nurses aide for 30 years and my eyes would get so itchy but now with the plugs and taking flaxseed oil my eyes feel so good sometimes dry but not as bad.
My eyelid was half way over my eye so the Ophthalmologist requested the insurance to pay for eyelid surgery on my right eye. It was approved!
In 2006 my left eye sack that holds the Loa lense became cloudy so he lazered it. And he took out the stiches in both eyes.
With the retinal detachment surgery The doctor did everything to it he said it was totally detached He didnít know if I could do the job I was doing. It depended how I could see. The nurses felt sorry for me because they said I will be fighting this thing rest of my life. It took 2.5 to 3years for my eye to stabilize.I felt God was working over time for me. People on the internet were praying for my eyes.

But here I am seeing 20/20 both eyes. I wear glasses to read and to drive at night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread