It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
(male)

coolkid9 HB User
Eye irritation, possible scratch?

Hello. Yesterday I was leaving for work, and just after I got in my car I felt something in my eye, the same feeling as when I get an eyelash or something else stuck in it. I rubbed it a bit (bad idea I know) because that usually moves it away into a corner so it doesn't blur my vision (after that it usually goes away on its own). It didn't go away all day, and after I got home I looked in the mirror and saw what looks like 2 very small transparent "dots" on my sclera, just slightly to the left of my iris. At first I thought it was debris or dirt, so I put in some eye drops, which didn't help, so I then rinsed my eye out with water for a few minutes - still didn't help - so I went in with a q-tip and tried to see if the dots would move, and they don't. It's very annoying, especially when I blink, not particularly painful, just an annoyance. Also every once in a while after blinking my vision in that eye will be slightly blurry until I blink a few more times.

Is it a corneal scratch or something similar? I can't think of anything that would've caused it, unless some dirt flew in my eye that morning and the scratch resulted from me rubbing it. It's a bit late on Saturday to find an appointment with an eye doctor, and I'd rather not go if it's something minor that will heal on its own. Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
(male)

coolkid9 HB User
Re: Eye irritation, possible scratch?

UPDATE: I just had something blurring my vision suddenly after blinking as if there was a piece of debris right on my eye. I ran to the mirror and sure enough, I saw a rather large piece of what looked like transparent "something". Some type of soft plastic, maybe, but very thin. I grabbed a tissue and tried to pull it out but I blinked out of reaction and it was gone just like that. Should I see an eye doctor to get it removed or keep waiting until it shows up on my eye again? I've already flushed the eye for several minutes and it doesn't seem to be helping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2007, 03:27 AM   #3
(male)

coolkid9 HB User

UPDATE: Well apparently I have two problems!
Last night I took a flashlight and held open my eyelid, looked up there, and saw a small black object lodged under it. I took it out with a bit of tissue, and suddenly the annoying scratchiness is gone!

However, I am still getting blurry vision every once in a while, and when I run to the mirror, I can still see the transparent "thing" around my iris. The blurriness remains until I blink and it moves out from in front of my iris. Is it possible that it was a bit of mucus created from when I was having irritation earlier? Or is it possibly another object? It seemed viscous and not solid, but I could be wrong. I don't want to spend money on a doctor visit if this is something that will wash out or break up on its own :\

Old 05-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
(male)

Fleet HB User

If it's been bothering you longer than a few days, and you tried one last time to wash it out, I would see an eye doctor. Especially with the blurry vision. I've had particles or whatever in my eyes before, too, and it never caused blurry vision for me.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User

This "stuff" you are seeing could be related to an allergy. If it doesn't go away...you might want to try and search this board for "eye allergy".

Old 05-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Mark Antony HB User

Could be allergy yes, but could be something else. Either way see an ophthalmologist if irritation persists.

Closed Thread