It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
(male)

lqcorsa HB User
Frequent Upper Eyelid Twitching

First of all, I did a search on this part of the forums for eye twitching! They were all pretty much un-related .

The title basically says most of it. For about three weeks now, my left hand, upper eyelid has been twitching several times a minute! It's virtually making me go insane! Some parts of the day is worse than others. I find it usually doesn't happen when I first wake up, but after a few hours, it starts going crazy on me! .

I have Uveitis in both of my eyes. I've had that for 5 years or so though, and the eye twitching is three weeks old, like I said. I usually get about 6 hours of sleep per night. I'm 15 years old. I'm somewhat healthy everywhere else, I'm physically active and I weight-train/do cardio workouts 5 times per week. I've been taking dietary supplements regularly for several months, which include: Creatine, L-Arginine/Ornithine, L-Glutamine, HMB, Fish Oil, Whey Protein, and Multivitamins.

Overall Symptoms:
VERY Dry eyes/body dehydration in the mornings, my eye lids can barely go over my eyes!

Severe, frequent eye twitching.

Teeth grinding/jaw clenching (might be from stress)

Frequent Blinking (Eye Dryness)

Sensitive to wind/air blowing in eyes

Any help/home treatment advice would be GREAT. I counted at least 25 times my eyelid has twitched while writing this! It only took me about 5 minutes to write it too!

Last edited by lqcorsa; 05-08-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
(male)

AshyLarry HB User
Re: Frequent Upper Eyelid Twitching

get a blood test for thyroid problems, i have overactive thyroid stress and anxiety induced and its from that stress, i have twitching ALL day on my right eye, i also have veins developed all over the white of my eyes, pulsating all day i was told it was a thyroid problem, you should feel twitching over the rest of your body if you continue to be anxious and stressed. blood test

Old 05-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Mark Antony HB User
Re: Frequent Upper Eyelid Twitching

I guess we have all experiencied eye-twitching in some part of our lives. From what I know there is NO medication that would treat eye twitching but I am sure it would gradually get better but it takes times. The tiny nerves in the eyelids are most probably affected by your underlying condition and are under lots of 'stess' literally making your eyelid twitch.

I am sure you'll get better with time. As for the dry eye, I am surprised that so many of you have it, seems its quite common. It is almost always mentioned in one of the threads.

I myself was very concerned whether I have dry eyes.

My doc did a terrible test. She stuck some piece of paper or something in my eye and left me for 5 long minutes. It irritated my eye greatly which made my eyes full of tears - and there you have it, she said my eyes were OK.

Good luck!

Closed Thread