It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

novembre HB User
tiny bumps on eyelids.. anyone know what this is?

Not sure how often, but sometimes I get a tiny bump on the rim of my eyelid. And I mean tiny- like the size of a grain of sand. It's not disfiguring like a sty or a chalazion, and I only see it if I get up close to the mirror. However, sometimes it feels irritating because it rubs against my eye, so it might feel like there's an eyelash or piece of dirt in it. But, it goes away in less than a day, so it's not really that bothersome. My eyelid does not appear to be inflammed when I get one. I usually only get one at a time, though I might've had two once.

It's not bad, it's just weird. I never noticed them until a couple years ago. Does anyone know what these are?

Last edited by novembre; 06-06-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
(female)

Jena50 HB User
Re: tiny bumps on eyelids.. anyone know what this is?

Well, I have had those and the eye doctor called them pimples on the eye lid and they do go away . Of course I do have dry eye condtion with I sue and eyelid wash to help that and haven't seen anymore . I would ask you eye doctor about this conditon also. Could be do to dry eye, but not sure .

Take care,
Jena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

silvermoon1 HB User
Re: tiny bumps on eyelids.. anyone know what this is?

Hi. I get the same sort of thing sometimes but also under my eyes. I researched it and found out what I have is called milia. It's a type of blemish and it can be on eyelids too.

The best way to get rid of them is to exfoliate on a daily basis. Of course, I am not 100% sure that's what you have but it could be.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-14-2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread