It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2001, 08:02 PM   #1

Darwin HB User
Question Blepharitis/Blepherospasm

Hyperthyroidism can cause dry eyes.
Try posting on the Thyroid Board, too.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-11-2001).]

Old 03-08-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

squatchimo HB User
Re: Blepharitis/Blepherospasm

I don't understand the boiled water thing. Hot tap water should be more than warm enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
(male)

Old English HB User

Quick Tip Advice.

Blepharitis is uncurable - so when your Dr gives you a 3 month course of antibiotics its not going to work. You will ignore my advice and say to yourself "He's a qualified Eye Dr and he/she knows what their doing and some quack [me] on the internet can't possibly beat my world renowned Dr.

O.K lady have it your own way, in 5 months time you'll remember this post and your kind Dr won't look so great. Anti-Bio s do not work so be told.

With Blepharitis your looking at dry-eys, gritty eyes, headaches, occasionally eye socket fever, mild to severe photophobia, adversion to bright lights and sun and excessive blinking patterns. In extreme case you might develop / go onto stage 2 = BLAPHAROSPASM. Lets hope you do not get it Bleharospasm, [I did]

TO SUM UP:

Eye drops are a waste of time, but what do I know, so try them, 30 DAYS later you'll agree they offer 20 minutes relief.

Botox = another waste of time, but at least you lose your forehead wrinkles and appear younger.

Saline Solution Drops = not bad and it keeps the infection / red eye count count down, it certainly beats eye-drops.

Cyclosporene = used for Keratonitis, and it works on Blepharitis also. It DOES NOT CURE IT, but it does reduce the infection and allows your MEIBOMIAN OIL GLANDS TO RECOVER AND FUNCTION BETTER.

So here's the plan:
Have your bottom tear ducts sealed, go on a course of cyclosporene for 3 months, and get some cotton wool and wash your eyelid margins with warm water every morning with out fail. Drs say scrub them, but take it from me you can't, its impossible, but you can wipe them vigorously about 7 times left to right, and right to left each eyelid. This breaks the crust you CANNOT SEE thats blocking your tear ducts and by breaking it - it allows your oil and tears to flow out.

Be warned every new internee doctor will tell you to use HOT COMPRESSES and Johnsons Baby Oil, DONT, use an hot water bottle instead filled with very warm water and press it against your eyelids to melt the fat and grease blocking the lower tear glands, then afterwards cotton wool wash them plus + drop of Johnsons Baby Oil. Guess what you might get 7 days full relief. And after 6 months of daily eye-care be 90% recovered. This advice is for long-term sufferers and chronic BLEP sufferers with acute dry eye problems. I repeat no cure and this is about the best advice your going to get. Allergan make Cyclosporene, but your pharmacist might know cheaper Cyclosporene eye-oitment products. Cauterising your lower tear ducts saves precious tears, Cycloporene gets your tears flowing again, it stings slightly - but the benefit is worth it. Allow 6 months for a really big improvement.

Last edited by Old English; 07-01-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #4
(male)

Old English HB User

Hot water or Boiled Water?

I use tap water, hot tap water on a wad of cotton wool. I used to try warm compressess but what a messy job and the hot water goes cold in a flash. So I came up with the corner of an hot water bottle trick.

I've found that the grease build up on my eyelid margins can become very uncomfortable, why I do not know - it must harden and become like dried glue deposits, once I shift it I have just 24 hours relief before its back.

Good Advice: Take one teaspoonful of Cod Liver with orange juice daily, it helps. I was discharged after 13 years of hospital treatment. They cauterised my lower tear ducts, I had plugs but they fell out, and this cauterisations been great. It cured + Cyclosporene my Blepharospasm. Love to all fellow sufferers, we hold hands with you across the Atlantic. Bob,

Last edited by Old English; 07-02-2007 at 12:47 AM.

Closed Thread