It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2001, 04:36 PM   #1

clift5 HB User
Question weird growth on eye ?? HELP???

I have a growth on my right eye. It is on the inner part growing onto the blue part of my eye.

It has been that way for months but it was mostly small and contained to the white of my eye.
It constantly feels like there is something in there.

This yucky looking mucus will come out if I rub it. I have very bad allergies and I think that is where that comes from. The growth just makes me rub it more.

Anyway, my family doc took a quick look at it and said is was a pterygium. He said no problem and that it was alright. It doesn't feel that way.

It bothers me a lot. My vision is a little off in that eye.

I am 27 now but I have had eye problems lifelong.
Not a vision problem but styes, chalazions, etc.
When I was 9 I had surgery to remove an overgrowth of scar tissue from a lanced stye. It was really bad at the time. I have a scar on my lower eyelid from it.

Since then I have had problems on and off. Only minor things though that the doc fixed in the office. And I got prescription glasses for reading because that particular eye is a little week from it all and also from a slight stroke I had at 21.

What is this and does it have anything to do with my history?
I don't know anything about what it could be or how to make it go away.
Help please!!!

Old 09-21-2001, 08:25 PM   #2

Moe C HB User
Hi:

This site should answer your questions. It's very informative. Don't know why you are inclined to develop these eye conditions. I've read about washing the eyes with baby shampoo for minor infectious or inflammatory conditions. Makes sense.
Good luck.
[url="http://www.djo.harvard.edu/meei/PI/Pterygium.html"]http://www.djo.harvard.edu/meei/PI/Pterygium.html[/url]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread