It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2001, 06:13 PM   #1

Cactus HB User
Post Seeing black dots

My mother recently recovered from a 3-week bout with a virus, and since then has been seeing small, black dots, about the size of a pinhole, in her line of vision. We are wondering if this could be an after-effect from her illness and what might be causing it. Are there any eye conditions of which this could be a warning sign?

Old 10-15-2001, 08:32 PM   #2

siouxzee HB User
There are many many things it could be. What kind of virus did she have and what medication was used to treat it? What other medications does she take? Do the spots move around or are they stationary? Are they there every moment or do they come and go? Is she diabetic? I'll try to help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #3
(female)

tara007 HB User
Re: Seeing black dots

i see black dots every now and again, only after i started wearing contacts. sometimes theyre there sometimes not. only in my right eye. and they flow wherever I look. it really aggrevates me and id like to know what it is and why i see them. anyone know?

The following user gives a hug of support to tara007:
dianehensley2 (05-02-2011)
Old 12-14-2004, 01:48 PM   #4

Stella13 HB User
Re: Seeing black dots

Hey there, I also see black dots occassionally. I only see them when I blink. They are stationary and go away within the hour or a couple of days. I can't associate them with an illness or anything, but started during a time of accute stress. I've been to eye doctors for this (and other vision-related things) and the doctors all say that my eyes are perfect. My opthamologist did tell me that she, too, has some blind spots (although she didn't describe exactly what they look like) that arose after/during a viral illness. She has had them for YEARS and they show up during a visual field test. They do not get larger, but she will notice them more when she is sick or stressed. Your mother needs to get to an opthamologist (eye doctor MD, not just an optometrist) SOON to get this checked out. More than likely, i would hope, all damage has been done and probably won't get worse, but who knows. Vision is not something to take lightly. I'd definitely get it checked out, but not worry too much (that can do more harm than good!).

Good luck to you,
Stella

p.s. Let us know what the doctor says.

Closed Thread