It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2002, 12:39 PM   #1

ImaGoofyGirl HB User
Exclamation Wavy Vision

Hi, this is my first time posting so I don't know if there is any particular way I am supposed to do it so I am going to wing it. I don't even know if this is the right forum *L*

Yesterday, 1/24/02, I came into work feeling fine. Things started to look really hazy and bright so I adjusted my computer monitor to a darker setting, didn't help. A co-worker walked in and I handed him a message and as I went to give it to him I looked at his hand and it looked like it was vibrating (shaking). That symptom has been ongoing since yesterday. My eyes can focus and it isn't really blurred vision. When objects are still it doesn't bother me but when they are moving they have an almost water effect to them. As if I am looking at them through water. It happens alot when I am looking through my peripheral (sp?) vision. I have come up with so many possibilities but can't land on one. I don't want to go to the doctor as of yet. Two weeks ago I went to find out why I had a week of dizziness, they told me I had a viral inner ear infection and it had to run its course. Well now that is gone and I am having wavy vision instead. I am also 2 months late on my period but I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I have never really had an on time period as it is. I have had problems with infertility for years.(Only reason I mention it is because I am curious to see if it has something to do with what is going on).

Sorry about the babble session but I am at my wits end. It is one thing after another with me. ANY help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks...

A walking ailment!

------------------
"Someday your ship will come in and you will be at the airport"

Erin

[This message has been edited by ImaGoofyGirl (edited 01-25-2002).]

Erin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2002, 11:28 AM   #2

sbreen HB User
First of all, you posted fine :-)
Next, anytime you have a concern about your eyesight, get thee to an ophthalmologist as they say. Though you may get many differing opinions on a site like this, the best place to find out is through the eye doctor as what is going on with yoru eyes could be any number of things. Are you having any pain, light sensitivity, floaters (black spots in your vision) flashing lights? If so, get checked immediately.

Old 04-03-2002, 09:13 PM   #3

Donna S HB User
Erin, my husband has told me he has a window frame in his eyes and it hs wavey water in it, and he can't see for about 45 min, it has happened to him twice, six months ago and just the other day. he had his eyes checked and failed to mention to him about this, i was so mad becasue he just told me about them. he has no pain. but trying to get him to the dr is like pulling teeth, so if you find out any thing check back with me, Donna S

Old 04-12-2002, 04:27 PM   #4

cozy HB User
Unhappy

I am curious if by wavy you mean like something squiggling around in your vision??? I get what looks like a zig zaggy streeck thats muti colors & it last about 45 min.s as well. Except my vision is impared where the streek appears. The streek starts at one area & slowly moves over the eye until it's gone. It's usually in the left eye. Sound familiar?

------------------
Keep on keepin' on: Cozy

Old 04-12-2002, 04:28 PM   #5

cozy HB User
Unhappy

I am curious if by wavy you mean like something squiggling around in your vision??? I get what looks like a zig zaggy streeck thats muti colors & it last about 45 min.s as well. Except my vision is impared where the streek appears. The streek starts at one area & slowly moves over the eye until it's gone. It's usually in the left eye. Sound familiar?

------------------

Old 04-12-2002, 05:38 PM   #6

ImaGoofyGirl HB User
The waviness is when I start to have a headache or I watch something move or stare intensly at something. It's like it is wavy but the longer I stare at it is looks like either water or whatever I am staring at vibrates. It has simmered down a lot since I posted the first message but it still happens.

I hope that helped some. If you have any other questions go ahead and ask I will try to answer them.

[This message has been edited by ImaGoofyGirl (edited 04-12-2002).]

Erin

Old 04-13-2002, 12:16 AM   #7

cozy HB User
Do you wear eyeglasses? How old are they? Any other stresses in your life?

------------------

Old 04-16-2002, 07:09 AM   #8

miracleboyuk HB User
I am suffering from the same symptoms from time to time. I have been suffering from Vestibular Neuronitis for over 4 months now, and although the dizziness is a lot better now than at the beginning I do have occasional bad days - and when I do my vision can be affected. For example I am looking at the screen right now and if I move my eyes from one side to the other several times and then stop the screen looks like it's moving from side to side still (very very slightly) but still noticeable. Also when I am in the bathroom and the shower curtain is drawn if I stare at it it looks like it is gently blowing in the wind - again very very slightly but noticeable.

Old 04-16-2002, 08:05 AM   #9

ImaGoofyGirl HB User
To Cozy:

No I don't wear glasses and there is always stress in my life *L*

To Miracle:

I know what you mean about the shower curtain but it happens to me when I look at things moving in general. I have gotten information on this from some and it seems that these wavy spasms are from optic nerve headaches. Migraines in your optic nerve. You can sometimes feel them with a slight headache other times you won't feel them at all. I am not sure if this is the true cause of all of this but the symptoms are exactly what I have been experiencing.

------------------
"Someday your ship will come in and you will be at the airport"

Erin

Erin

Closed Thread