It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

janedoe321 HB User
Question Blurred/cloudy vision in Mornings

Hi there. I have posted this same question for about 5 years off and on. I just thought I'd try again to see if any new information is out there. For 10 yrs. now, when I wake up, one or both of my eyes is blurry. What's odd is, it is 'usually' one or the other. For example, yesterday my right eye was blurry, & today, my left eye is blurry. It will stay this way for about 3 hours or more, then clears up. Some days both eyes are fine. I have went to 4 different eye doctors, optometrists and ophthalmologists both. They either seemed aggravated that I came in and they didn't find anything or said it 'looked like' dry eyes. None of the eye Dr.s could find anything unless I came back while my eye(s) were blurry. As far as any medical problems, nothing has ever came up. I had all kinds of tests when I had my 2nd child 5 years ago.......everything was fine (diabetes, whatever else they test for). I have never read or heard ever, that dry eyes causes blurred vision. I had been using TheraTears eyedrops, 4 times a day, which seemed to help, but if I let up at all, one eye would go blurry. I am mainly wanting to know if anyone else has went through this or even heard of this. I just don't want something worse to come out of this in years to come! --- something that the Eye Doctors have over-looked. Thanks for your time and help.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:37 PM   #2

pandaz2689 HB User
Wink

I sometimes wake up with blurred vision, not often, though, and not for a long period of time. Check to see if it has any relation to which side you sleep on, it could be (as was with me) that your left eye dries out while sleeping on your left side. Check your pilliow for any dampness or out-of-the-ordinary. Who knows, it might just be that you do have dry eyes or something common that you are just plain cursed with.

------------------
Pandas first, then what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

janedoe321 HB User
Smile

Hi. Thanks for responding. I like how you put it, that I may just be cursed with this. I was thinking that myself! There just seems to be no explanation. It's hard to tell if it's my left eye if I'm sleeping on my left side, etc. I toss and turn so much. My husband has said I do sleep with my eyes open some........so maybe they are drying out. We have done everything though, such as keep the ceiling fan off, use a humidifier, and nothing has helped. I 've started using the TheraTears singles again--which don't seem to be helping much right now. It usually takes 3 weeks to see results. Hopefully something will change after that period of time. Take care!

Closed Thread