It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2003, 05:26 PM   #1

H.Kondriac HB User
Post Underneath eye fluttering constantly

I have read similiar posts concerning fluttering or twitching. My problem seems to be different because it does not just come and go. It is in the 'bag' region underneath my left eye. It looks like a nerve that is CONSTANTLY jumping around. I have had this for 3 days now. It is not painful and I cannot feel it moving. I do not notice it unless I look in the mirror and see it. I have had the usual twitching in the past and this is definately different. I have a wisdom tooth that has been hurting on and off. Can this nerve somehow be related to my wisdom tooth? Any info is appreciated.

Old 03-31-2003, 09:19 AM   #2

dlec64 HB User
Hi,
I'm new to this site but I find when my eye starts doing what you're referring to it's usually the being of a dry eye episode. I have Hashimoto's disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2003, 10:34 AM   #3

DonnaD HB User
I did a quick search and there didn't seem to be much info relating eye twitching to wisdom teeth problems. This doesn't mean it is impossible, though! Since I get all the odd ailments myself, I don't discount anything any more :-O

Here is some general info on twitching:

"Twitching of the eyelid is a common, and annoying problem. Usually a tiny piece of muscle beneath the skin of the upper or lower eyelid seems to rhythmically and uncontrollably twitch. Often it is barely visible to other people observing the eyes. The muscle fibers beneath the skin of the eyelid run in a circle around the eye, so the twitch seems to also pull toward the inside or outside.
Causes include local eye irritation such as dry eye and blepharitis, and artificial tears may help. Fatigue, stress, and lack of sleep are other known causes. Stimulants such as caffeine and decongestants may also lead to twitching. Rarely, pulsation of an artery on a nerve controlling the muscle causes twitching.

Usually the eyelid twitching will resolve with time spontaneously."

Yours seems to be a bit unusual because you can't feel it. I guess that is good... better than being annoyed by it all day long :-) I would say if it doesn't go away, then a trip to the eye doctor is in order.

Good luck! I hope it is nothing :-)

Closed Thread