It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 03:49 PM   #1

wondermom HB User
Unhappy Left eye pain & headache ...please help!

I have been having a horrible pain behind my left eye on & off for several months now.It feels like someone is piercing the the back of my eyeball & sometimes the pain radiates up under the eye brow area.Sometimes i have a headache directly in the back of my head on the left side too.(the headache isn't really a migraine,& I do not have nausia) but I do have slight cloudiness in the left eye & sometimes see black floating spots.
I have noticed something though. I did a little experiment. I noticed if I cover my left eye & just use my right eye to see everything is fine.But, if I cover my right eye & force my left eye to see everything,the pain starts.Does that make since?
I am just trying to figure out what could be causing this.I have been to my Doctor several times & been on differant medications,then she reffered me to a opthamologist, & he said i needed a catscan.He said it was possible that i had a clot or something behind my eye.Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Oh, I should also mention that I have also been having trouble with pain in my left leg, & pain & numbness in my left upper back & shoulder.Could there be a connection since it is all on the left side?
Thanks
wondermom

Old 09-20-2003, 06:55 PM   #2

Kim57 HB User
Wondermom...have you thought maybe you could have sinus problems? I get those stabbing pains in my left eye radiating up in my brow and bridge of my nose alot. I have had sinus problems for years (thanks to my mom...I inherited it). Sometimes they lead to infections that can be excrutiating, and that require antibiotics. Next time you get it, try taking an Advil Cold and Sinus pill. They work wonders for me. As for your numbness, I'm not sure what that could be. Hope the Advil works for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 07:56 PM   #3

wondermom HB User
Unhappy

Kim57,
Thank you for your reply.
I actually do have sinus problems.
I have to go to my Doctor & get the Sinus Cocktail shot about every 6 - 8 months.No matter what time of the year it is.
The pain behind the eye is always there though.
All my other sinus symptoms seam to go away after I receive the shot, except for the eye pain!
As a matter of fact ,I can tell that I am about due for a shot again because the last two -three days I have been really nasal & stopped up.The pain does spread over around my nose with pressure & today I got 4 nosebleeds.The last time I got a cocktail shot was early March of this year,sooo ,yep I am due again.
Well, I guess Maby it is just my sinuses,but would it make since that my eye hurts all the time?
Thanks,
Wondermom

Old 09-21-2003, 11:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Did the eye dr mention optic neuritis at all? Is the vision in that eye blurred? Does it hurt worse when you look in one direction or the other? Do you see any sort of floaters or flashers? Has the vision in that eye changed at all? Do you have high intra ocular pressure?

I agree that sinuses can also cause this as well, but you shouldn't rule out eye problems. It's good that you have had an ophthalmology consult. Definitely get the scan. Don't wait. Do it now before things get worse.

I have sinus problems too, but I also had optic neuritis. The two can mimic each other.

[This message has been edited by purple2067 (edited 09-21-2003).]

Closed Thread