It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2003, 12:40 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 44
Silverspur HB User
Post

It is most likely a "Choroidal Nevus" which is similar to a Nevus on the skin. These can become maglinant and therefore need to be watched.

I have had a freckle for over 10 years and there has been no change, however, they do keep an annual watch to see if it has increased in size or other changes.

Do an internet search for "+freckle+behind+eye" and gleam more info about it.

 
Old 11-06-2003, 03:58 PM   #2
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
Posts: 9
grammiedee5 HB User
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspur
It is most likely a "Choroidal Nevus" which is similar to a Nevus on the skin. These can become maglinant and therefore need to be watched.

I have had a freckle for over 10 years and there has been no change, however, they do keep an annual watch to see if it has increased in size or other changes.

Do an internet search for "+freckle+behind+eye" and gleam more info about it.
Goodevening

I was told that I have a retinal freckle in my right eye when I was 21 years old. That was 32 years ago. I have an eye exam every one to two years depending on my vision. Yes it is a very good thing to make sure to have it checked regularly. The last time I had my eyes examined the Dr told me that years ago there was a lot of surgeries to remove the eye with the freckle and then they found out most of them were benign, and shouldnt have been removed.

Good luck

Dee
__________________
Dee

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-06-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Welcome, NC, US
Posts: 198
sleeptweedledee HB User
I am not an optometrist but boy could I respond to these threads I worked in an
optometry office for a while and I usually always had to take these poloroids of the back of the eye that is a hard thing to do by the way but I did all the full work ups and it was very common for people to have these freckles on the back of the eye. Now days the eye docs shrugg this off because they found these were really no problem most of the time but I can say in any situation like yours always have your eyes check regular.
Don't worry it is more common than you think, just get those eyes checked yearly
__________________
sleeptweedledee

 
Old 11-08-2003, 05:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 838
californiasunflower HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptweedledee
I am not an optometrist but boy could I respond to these threads I worked in an
optometry office for a while and I usually always had to take these poloroids of the back of the eye that is a hard thing to do by the way but I did all the full work ups and it was very common for people to have these freckles on the back of the eye. Now days the eye docs shrugg this off because they found these were really no problem most of the time but I can say in any situation like yours always have your eyes check regular.
Don't worry it is more common than you think, just get those eyes checked yearly

Sleetweedledee, I was so glad to see you in the EYE/VISION board! Have you had much dealings with optic nerve edema, papilloedema, retinal vein occlusions, vasculitis (eye), optic neuritis conditions?

I'm working on recovery from these.

Your Pal, CASunflower

 
Old 11-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Welcome, NC, US
Posts: 198
sleeptweedledee HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasunflower
Sleetweedledee, I was so glad to see you in the EYE/VISION board! Have you had much dealings with optic nerve edema, papilloedema, retinal vein occlusions, vasculitis (eye), optic neuritis conditions?

I'm working on recovery from these.

Your Pal, CASunflower
Hi CaliforniaSunshine so tickled to run into you on this board this really made my day, so great. I worked at Davis Eye Associates for about a year and our eye doctors were great and started teaching us about alot of those conditions, however my two year old developed Pneumonia at the age of six months and had to have Rocephin shots owwww very painful but due to having no choice but to pull her out of daycare I had to quit and well I am I Nursing and a stay at home mom. So sorry I dont know enough to discuss any of those I would be to scared to but I go into Anatomy this January so that is not far and I promise if you are still on the board I will find you and answer any questions. I hate you have to suffer these and I will keep you in my prayers.
__________________
sleeptweedledee

Last edited by sleeptweedledee; 11-08-2003 at 06:40 PM.

 
Old 11-09-2003, 12:49 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mesa, AZ USA
Posts: 9
grammiedee5 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptweedledee
I am not an optometrist but boy could I respond to these threads I worked in an
optometry office for a while and I usually always had to take these poloroids of the back of the eye that is a hard thing to do by the way but I did all the full work ups and it was very common for people to have these freckles on the back of the eye. Now days the eye docs shrugg this off because they found these were really no problem most of the time but I can say in any situation like yours always have your eyes check regular.
Don't worry it is more common than you think, just get those eyes checked yearly



thanks for your reply. I didn't know they are really common. I do know that years ago they were thought to be melanoma and that is why the eye was removed, and in most cases found to be benign. things have really changed
__________________
Dee

 
Old 11-10-2003, 05:21 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 838
californiasunflower HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptweedledee
Hi CaliforniaSunshine so tickled to run into you on this board this really made my day, so great. I worked at Davis Eye Associates for about a year and our eye doctors were great and started teaching us about alot of those conditions, however my two year old developed Pneumonia at the age of six months and had to have Rocephin shots owwww very painful but due to having no choice but to pull her out of daycare I had to quit and well I am I Nursing and a stay at home mom. So sorry I dont know enough to discuss any of those I would be to scared to but I go into Anatomy this January so that is not far and I promise if you are still on the board I will find you and answer any questions. I hate you have to suffer these and I will keep you in my prayers.




Thanks! I appreciate that!

 
Old 05-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #8
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CLEVELAND, OHIO
Posts: 7
sweetpoison HB User
Re: freckle behind eyeball?? Please respond.

I have a post elsewhere on in this forum,,,but doing a search I see there is one here so I decided to ask my question here.

I am 53. Doc has found (Just found) an eye freckle behind "both" eyes. Guess I won the freckle lottery! I was wondering how common it was to have in both eyes and if there is any signifcance to that factor. Yes, I am a wimp and I am upset.
grammiedee5: While you were working in the doc office...did you ever see one of these turn malignant???

My doc said she has never had one do that in 29 years of practice.....she may be saying that to help me calm down!!!

I have had great eyes all my life and just cant understand this now and in both eyes...

Did alot of internet searchs on this......alot just scared me more. It is good to speak with those who have actually dealt with these than read all the clinical stuff out there.

Thanks for all info.
Vicki

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Eye Freckle? I am freaking out karmachic Eye & Vision 2 06-06-2012 12:08 PM
Freckle randomly appears, then slowly vanishes... nawsanenawmean Skin Problems 1 05-09-2011 02:25 AM
How dangers is an eye freckle? Debbie12252 Eye & Vision 2 12-28-2009 07:29 PM
Pressure behind the left eye and inside the face when reading tommy18 Brain & Nervous System Disorders 0 11-08-2009 02:08 AM
Headache behind right eyeball elray1243 Headaches & Migraines 0 04-09-2008 08:44 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



JodieJ (11), tubint (11), TopGeek (8), senior41 (8), Laura1000 (8), Bleue (8), earthworm88 (7), esker (7), Eagle (7), dhurlbert3 (5)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (856), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (770), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (655), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!