It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

kr045 HB User
Recurring Conjunctivitis (pink eye)

I'm 33, haven't had pink eye since I was 7, that is, until this year. I've somehow contracted pink eye this year 4 times in 5 months. It's bacterial pink eye and the antibiotic eye drops clear it up quickly, but it comes back after I finish the bottle of drops. I woke up this morning with it again (the 4th time) and went back to the dr for more drops.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced it recurring like this? I wash my hands regularly, use Purel hand sanitizer, have even changed my pillowcases and towels daily and yet still I keep getting it again. Any suggestions on how to prevent it? This time is the worst so far, my right eye is so fuzzy it's hard to see and there's a continuous drainage. Dr doesn't know why I'm getting it like this and I'd really love to prevent it from happening a 5th time!
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

squatchimo HB User
Re: Recurring Conjunctivitis (pink eye)

What doctor have you been seeing? Primary care or eye doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
(female)

kr045 HB User
Re: Recurring Conjunctivitis (pink eye)

Thanks for responding. I've been going to a discount clinic. I don't have insurance, so can't afford much else. The eye drops they've been giving me have helped the other two times, but this time they're not getting rid of it.

Closed Thread