It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
(male)

xshaggydudex89 HB User
Eye bags

Hi,

I'm an 18 year old male and since the beginning of the summer of '07 ive had bad eye bags and dark circles under my eyes. Ive done some research and found the leading causes and they really don't apply to me. I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, I have allergies but control them with meds, and I drink water and exercize. Ive tried various things to help such as creams and "at home" remedies with no success. It's becoming so annoying that I'm considering seeing a doctor. Any help would be nice, thanks in advance.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB User
Re: Eye bags

At your age, eye bags are likely hereditary. About the only good solution would involve an outpatient surgical procedure to remove them. You could consider consulting a plastic surgeon or an ophthalmologist who specializes in oculoplastic surgery if this is something you want to pursue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
(male)

xshaggydudex89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieJ View Post
At your age, eye bags are likely hereditary. About the only good solution would involve an outpatient surgical procedure to remove them. You could consider consulting a plastic surgeon or an ophthalmologist who specializes in oculoplastic surgery if this is something you want to pursue.
ive thought about that but the only reason i don't think its hereditary is because it just appeared last summer.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
(male)

xshaggydudex89 HB User

anyone else?

please

Old 11-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB User

Eye bags are caused by fat deposits. There is a tendency for these fat deposits to occur with normal aging, usually over age 40. Due to hereditary factors, this can happen at a much early age (i.e., under 25) in some people. I suspect that you are in this group. There are many creams and potions which allegedly eliminate the bags sold in drugstores, department stores, and online--but. unfortunately, I don't think that any of them work very well. (Try Googling "eye bags" or a sample of these products.)

I've known of a couple of young (i.e., college age) women who have had their eye bags permanently removed with plastic surgery. IMO, this is about the only method that really works. Life is short, and if the bags really bother you, then it might be worth consulting a doctor to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure (which is not usually covered by health insurance.) Best of luck!

Closed Thread