It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Why Do I Keep Getting Pink Eye?

Just before Christmas I had a case of pink eye in my right eye. I was on an antibiotic eye drop for 7 days and it cleared up. I woke up this morning with pink eye in my left eye. Why is this happening?

I believe the first time I got it from the third graders I was working with, but I have not been near them since that time. I got rid of the contacts and makeup I was wearing, so it can't be coming from them.

This is just so annoying because I HATE HATE HATE wearing my glasses. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
(female)

Trentsmom HB User
Re: Why Do I Keep Getting Pink Eye?

Hi.
I hear you. I have pink eye myself right now (first time ever) and I also hate wearing my glasses. Have you thought about everything that may come in contact with your eyes that could be reinfecting you? Be sure to wash your pillowcase every day and use paper towels to dry your hands. Wash your hands whenever they get anywhere near you eyes. Did you throw out your lens cases as well? Are you sure your infection was completey gone before you started using new contacts and makeup? I hope you get better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
(female)

faithlies HB User

Because of the gap since you last had pink eye, it sounds unrelated. It's a common condition and it's probably bad luck that you have it again

However, you MUST throw out your lens cases when you have pink eye -- and I personally also throw out my solution as well (in case the tip of the bottle has come into contact with a lens, which is possible).

I'd also go so far as to disinfect your glasses with an antibacterial spray, as well as throwing out any make up and also cleaning any make up brushes/applicators (or throwing them away if you can.) Also make sure you throw away any antibiotic drops when you finish them and if you get it again, buy a new bottle.

I've had an eye infection (viral) for a couple of weeks and at the same time a colleague had pink eye. Make sure your hands are clean at all times, especially when you've used a computer and particularly if it's used by other people.

Also, perhaps you could carry an antibacterial hand gel you can use when/if you can't wash your hands and also make sure you don't touch your eyes/lenses unless your hands are clean.

Hope you are feeling better soon - and in the meantime, could you not invest in some glasses you really love? I've just had a great deal on two pairs for £115 (225 dollars/150euros) that I really, really love and I don't mind wearing at all.

Give the contact lenses a break if you can -- it's not good to permanently wear them and it's a good idea to wear glasses for at least one day a week if you can.

Alternatively, daily disposables carry less risk of recurrent infections.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
(female)

shayentyna HB User

yeah if anyone can please go to my thread i worte i dont know if i have this or not

Closed Thread