It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
(female)

Lori622 HB User
Vision worse after cataract surgery

I had cataract surgery on my right eye 3 months ago, It went great. My vision improved instantly after sursury. Two days ago I had my left eye done. This cataract was not nearley as bad as my right but was getting worse. During my surgery apparently there was some fluid that was coming from behind my eye. My doctor put medicine in to reverse my dilation. This caused major pain in my brow area to my ear. It was like a 24 hr ice cream head ache. When I got home and took my patch of I could barley see out of that eye. Everything was very dark and brown. I went yesterday and saw my surgeon and she said my vision was good My pressure was good, my retna was fine and the reason everything was dark was from that anti-dilation medicine she gave me. She did dilate my eyes and though my vision was very blury It was much brighter and not brown anymore. She said it would ware off. Well after the dilation medication wore off I am right back to the dark brown vision. Its very scary. Why isn't my pupil not going back to normal yet and letting light in? She also said I had some swelling and a pice of the cataract stuck to my vortex? She is having do the predisone eye drop every hour and hoping that will melt that piece, otherwise I will have to have more surgery. Also last night I had the ice cream head pain again. I had no pain with my ist surgey. Oh and by the way I am only 47 years old. I do have high blood pressue, but I am on medication and it has been under control for some time. Please if you have any advise or imformation I would appriciate it. I cannot drive or work with my vision this way.
Thank You.
Lori

The following user gives a hug of support to Lori622:
Eagle (07-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
(female)

jocotter HB User
Re: Vision worse after cataract surgery

No advice, I'm just so sorry to hear you are having trouble. I recently had my cataracts removed and it went well. I hope your doctor can do something about it very soon.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

If you can't get a satisfactory answer from your ophthalmologist regarding your post-op vision, you might consider getting a second opinion. But first try to get some straight answers from your current doc regarding the cause of the brown vision and the prognosis for your future vision.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User

I agree with SP about finding out exactly what is wrong. A piece of cataract can't stick to anything, since a cataract is just clouding of the lens (as far as I know anyway). During surgery the lens is removed. So you need to find out what has happened.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User

It's been awhile since your post so I am hoping your eye has gotten better and that you able to get on with your daily life. In case it hasn't I am hoping you realize that one can live life to the fullest with sight in only one eye.

Closed Thread