It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
(female)

amiee79 HB User
Migraine Auara without headache

I had a sudden onset of what I think was a migraine aura with no pain. At first it was like someone had taken a picture and the flash was really bright and then I noticed a colored zigzag patten arc in my vision that grew larger and larger. I am worried about this because I just had a Fine Needle Biopsy on a 2 year old growing lymph node to see if I have Lymphoma. This is something I have never had before and I will mention it to my ENT, but since it has to do with vision I think I should see an opthamologist. Could this be something serious? The ENT is always watching my left ear as I have an extremely retracted ear drum which can he said can lead to cholesteatoma.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
(female)

webbie73 HB User
Re: Migraine Auara without headache

I am not a doctor but it does sound like what I have had....a migraine aura without the headache. Takes about 20-25 minutes for the aura to run it's course.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
(female)

amiee79 HB User

I had done some research on it and they say it normally does take a little while for it to go away, but mine was very quick....not longer than 5 minutes. I have an appointment to see an Opthamologist to make sure.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
brianmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiee79 View Post
I had done some research on it and they say it normally does take a little while for it to go away, but mine was very quick....not longer than 5 minutes. I have an appointment to see an Opthamologist to make sure.
Please have a look at my thread "Papilloedema+macular oedema". I don't want to frighten you but that is how my problem started. Good luck.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
(female)

amiee79 HB User

Hi Brian,

Have you had a headache with these as well? I read your post and mine does not seem as serious as I have not had another episode of the "ocular migraine with aura". I will not be surprised if the opthamologist finds anything at all because it seems like whatever is wrong with me the doctors cannot find. I am still waiting to find out if the enlarged lymph nodes I have are cancerous, so these new symptoms are very scary. Especially if it even points to something in the brain. I will just have to wait and see.

I really hope they find out what is wrong with your vision problems because I cannot imagine having the symptoms you are having and not having any answers. Good luck.

Amiee

Old 01-24-2008, 01:18 AM   #6
brianmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiee79 View Post
Hi Brian,

Have you had a headache with these as well? I read your post and mine does not seem as serious as I have not had another episode of the "ocular migraine with aura". I will not be surprised if the opthamologist finds anything at all because it seems like whatever is wrong with me the doctors cannot find. I am still waiting to find out if the enlarged lymph nodes I have are cancerous, so these new symptoms are very scary. Especially if it even points to something in the brain. I will just have to wait and see.

I really hope they find out what is wrong with your vision problems because I cannot imagine having the symptoms you are having and not having any answers. Good luck.

Amiee
You know, your migraines could simply be due to the stress of worrying about your lymph node biopsy.
I have had true migraine attacks (with severe headache) on rare occasions in the past but they have always been at times of stress. In fact, I had one just before Christmas when I was worrying about going on holiday to Florida while suffering from this eye problem. In the end, the holiday helped to take my mind off the eye.
No question, stress in one of our worst enemies.
I wish you lots of luck with the biopsy and I expect you are right that they will find no problem with your eyes.

Last edited by TopGeek; 01-24-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Closed Thread