It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
(male)

Titanic Explore HB User
Anyone else have tear duct obstruction surgery? How was your recovery?

In Sept 2001 I noticed there was something going on with my right eye..it was suddenly always teary, and the area under my eye was sore...One day the area under my right eye started swelling- It looked like I had been punched in the eye- Like a fool, I waited, and hoped it would get better on its own- It only got worse...
After a few days my right eye was swollen shut- and when my roomate returned from vacation and saw me, he told me I better get to the hospital asap-
I did just that- Luckily I went to Mass Eye and Ear hospital in Boston, one of the best eye hospitals in the world- They took one look at me, they insisted I be admitted and be prepped for surgery that same day. It was that bad....

The drainage tube in the corner of my right eye had become clogged and infected-a large ammount of pus had formed, which caused the swelling- They drained the pus, and construicted a new drainage tube for my right eye. The eyeball itself was fine......
Why did it happen? I did visit New York City 2 weeks after 9/11, as one of the throng hoping to volunteer to help out- I wonder if something got into my eye down there- even though I never made it anywherew near ground zero, you could still smell the aftermath of the fire..But the eye problem appeared shortly after my return from NYC...

Fast forward to 2008- The new tear duct by my right eye has been great- Its clog free- in fact if I hold my nose and blow, I feel air coming out of the corner of my eye.....

The problem? The last few months my right eye has been prone to getting severe dry eye and being bloodshot-Some mornings it looks horrible and has been dry and crusty- Eye lube usually clears it up, but its odd that only the area of my right eye would be affected. My left eye gives me no problems. Plus my lower eyelid under my right eye keeps twitching on it's own- That might be becuse of the eye lube drops i keep using, I'm not sure. I wonder if somehow my surgery in 2001 could have any link with my current dry eye in that same eye-
A question to anyone who had the same surgery- what was the outcome? I should mention again that that eyeball itself and my vision was fine in 2001, it was just the drainage tube that got infected.
For anyone else who had the surgery- did any other eye problems arise?
If so, was dry eye one of them? Thanks for your time and any feedback..

Last edited by Titanic Explore; 01-26-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread