It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
(female)

cookiecrumb HB User
Retinal Hemmorage

I have a friend who had laser surgery for a retinal hemmorage and had a major stroke (he recovered from it). They want him to do the other eye but he is very hesitant. Should he risk blindness without the laser surgery or risk a stroke with it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #2
brianmf

Re: Retinal Hemmorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrumb View Post
I have a friend who had laser surgery for a retinal hemmorage and had a major stroke (he recovered from it). They want him to do the other eye but he is very hesitant. Should he risk blindness without the laser surgery or risk a stroke with it?
From a purely personal point of view, I cannot imagine that the stroke was brought on by the laser surgery. However, it is possible that it was brought on by the stress of worrying about the surgery.
Your friend needs proper medical advice about the merits of going for further laser surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 04:58 AM   #3
(male)

manish2478 HB User
Re: Retinal Hemmorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrumb View Post
Dear Friend,
Plz consult some good doctor who can tell U all +/- effects of laser and other surgery. Bcoz its not bad if U're getting something better than what u're loosing its very minor.

Closed Thread