It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

bookkeeper HB User
Blurred Vision (diagnosed as Vetrious Detachment)

I have been to several doctors about my condition, and have been told that there is no cure for it. They say it is vetrious detachment, but from all that I've read about this, it does not cover my problem. I have very blurred vision almost all the time. I do not see little things floating around my eye, instead its like looking through an oil coated window. I have told the doctors about this and they say this will clear up, I'll get use to it, or one doctor said for me to hit myself in the side of the head, for this he charged me $1195.00. My husband said he would do it for nothing. Can anyone help me, I feel like I'm going blind.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
brianmf

Re: Blurred Vision (diagnosed as Vetrious Detachment)

If you have a look at my current thread about Macular Traction, you will see that it sounds like you have the same condition that I have.
I am surprised that your doctors have not referred you to the opthalmic department at a hospital.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
(female)

bookkeeper HB User

I'm so glad that there is someone else with my problem. I was beginning to think I was loosing my mind as well as my eyesight. I started noticing the problem in 2004 and have been trying to solve it since then. I have blurred (oily - clouded) vision in both eyes and at first I attributed it to my Diabetes, but the same doctors said that they noticed no problems related to the Diabetes. If you can think of anything else, or somewhere else I can check I will. I'm open to almost anything to help my problem. It's getting continually worse.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
brianmf

If you have studied information on vitreous detachment you will know that it is an age related phenomenon that usually does not give any particular problems, other than a degree of blurred vision that does disappear, usually within a few weeks. However, some people have trouble with the detachment not being complete. The film that surrounds the vitreous remains glued to the retina and pulls it outwards. That causes blurred vision. It is though unusual for it to happen in both eyes at the same time.
In my case, it is just the left eye and I am faced with probably having surgery to release the adhesion.
You really need to see an opthalmologist, preferably at a hospital where they should be able to see clearly into the back of your eyes and tell you exactly what is causing your blurred vision.
Diabetes certainly can cause blurring and so can several other conditions so you really should see an expert for a proper diagnosis.

Closed Thread