It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
(female)

brida HB User
Question white-head near upper tear duct

I have what looks like a white-head near my upper tear-duct. What could it be and what should I do about it? Could it be a whitehead? should I pop it?

It hurts every time I blink

Old 03-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
(female)

faithlies HB User
Smile Re: white-head near upper tear duct

Could be a blocked pore or gland.

I'd personally try warm compresses (a facecloth, soaked in boiled water from the kettle and allowed to cool until it's just warm -- not too hot, don't scald yourself!) which should ease things and will probably get rid of the pus/blockage you describe.

Don't be tempted to squeeze it, your eyes are very sensitive and you don't want to get the nasty gunk in your eye!

My ex BF has got one of these as it happens at the moment.

It was quite big in fact, a big white/yellowish spot on the underside of his upper eyelid.

He used to be a practice manager for a big opticians and he is quite confident it's just a blocked gland and will go of it's own accord. It's almost disappeared now (been there two weeks) and isn't causing him any problems and has shrunk an awful lot and he says it will probably go away without him having to do anything about it.

Good luck, let me know how you get on. If it's very swollen/pus filled, and it does "burst" through applying a warm compress, have some tissue to hand and wipe the gunk away and out of your eye.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread