It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

lilsis1071 HB User
Eyes feel out of focus

What would make your eyes feel like they can not focus. Its not like the print on a magazine is blurry its like the words are moving after reading for a length of time. Its like this just looking at any object in general. Should I go for an eye exam ASAP? This has been like this for a week. However I have had it before and it has went away.

I really dont know if its a focus problem or an eye strain. Also have had feeling like my head is full and my eye balls hurt. If they have been closed for a while things go back to normal. Up until I read or watch TV or on the computer.

Help,
lilsis

Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
(male)

whyme78 HB User
Re: Eyes feel out of focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsis1071 View Post
What would make your eyes feel like they can not focus. Its not like the print on a magazine is blurry its like the words are moving after reading for a length of time. Its like this just looking at any object in general. Should I go for an eye exam ASAP? This has been like this for a week. However I have had it before and it has went away.

I really dont know if its a focus problem or an eye strain. Also have had feeling like my head is full and my eye balls hurt. If they have been closed for a while things go back to normal. Up until I read or watch TV or on the computer.

Help,
lilsis
i know EXACTLY what youre talking about! its like you have to look through something in order to see it.. ive been suffering with this for about 2 years now. Eye doc said theres nothing wrong with my vision, so i blame it on my sinus issues and deviated septum. but who really knows? i dont notice it ALL the time, but at least once a day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
(female)

Socrriss18 HB User
Re: Eyes feel out of focus

that sounds like what i just went in for. im 21, never really had eye issues, but lately just feel like im straining more over a period of time, and since i just started i desk job i went for my first real eye exam.

ontop of having really dry eyes (which was a surprise, because the symptom of the dry eyes was them watering so much), he said that the computer use is a big issue. he explained that when u look at a computer screen, you're looking straight on and your lids are wide open, but when you look down to read, your top eyelid covers part of your eye ball. (i hope that makes sense).

I ended up getting a low prescription for glasses, that I'll wear for reading and computer use at my desk job. I just got them today and they'll take some time to get used to. If i were you I'd have them checked. couldnt hurt, right?

Closed Thread