It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

swinny06 HB User
Unhappy Dilated Pupil

Hi guys- I don't really know where else to go and ask for help. I will try to explain this in the best way possible. 5 or so weeks ago I was in a bad car accident and suffered a concussion. about 3 weeks after the car accident I was at work (I work as a tech in an emergency room) suddenly got a severe headache that dropped me to my knees. Finished out my shift and went home and sleep. Woke up at 6am still had the headache but other than that, no complaints. Woke up again at 11am and I could not see out of my right eye. Went to the bathroom and noticed that I had a severely dilated pupil in my right eye. Call my PCP and he sent me to another ER for a head CT. Got a head CT which came back normal so they sent me to an ophthalmologist. He came to the conclusion that I got come kind of medication in my eye at work the night before that cause my pupil to dilate. Didn't make much sense to me, but what do I know, I am not a doctor. I was at work last night helping in a sterile procedure when I noticed that my vision started to go blurry. I walked out of the room and right into the bathroom where I noticed that my pupil was again dilated. I had woke up earlier that morning with a severe headache and a sore neck (just chalked it up to the extremely busy night the night before). I had one of the ER doc look at it and he ran a bunch of tests. Everything looked normal besides my retina was cloudy. He ended up checking me into the ER for another CT angio of the head and neck. They were not able to do the angio because I am severely allergic to iodine. So he ordered a MRI and MRA of the head and neck. That came back normal. When I get a dilated pupil, it usually last a week or so and then slowly goes away. I am kinda annoyed and want to figure out what is going on. My ER doc told me to follow up with my ophthalmologist on Monday. I don't really see a point going back to him because he is just going to tell me the same thing. I just think it is kinda weird that this always follows a headache/migraine. I have only ever had 1 other migraine in my life and that was like 12 years ago. I just thought I would get your thought and opinions..

Thanks guys-
Kelly

Last edited by swinny06; 05-18-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread