It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

olivelove HB User
Really wierd -- mucus strings taking over my eyes!!

So for about two years now, my eyes have been developing these strings of mucus, and its been getting worse and worse. It started with just one every now and then, and now 2 years later i am finding myself pulling them out constantly ... i'm talking like 20-40 times a day! I tried to ask an eye doctor and he referred to it as 'mucus fishing syndrome' and called it a vicious cycle. The vicious cycle part i can completely understand, but if i dont take them out i can feel them all over the inner lids of my eye, and if i really try to not take them out they will glide over my pupil and affect my vision so i have to take them out. I've started to develop bigger circles under my eyes from pulling at the skin so much to get them out. The strings have seriously been as long as 4 inches sometimes, its disgusting and i hate it. I don't know what to do to break the cycle, and my eye doctor wasn't much help. I have tried to find information about it online and can't find much. I really need help because i know messing with my eyes so much will eventually hurt the eyes themselves. Please help!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
(female)

ktd2008 HB User
Re: Really wierd -- mucus strings taking over my eyes!!

HI, i have these too, not as much as you but i generally get them when i wake up in the morning, they are only small though and very very rare, i think you should maybe go back to your doctor and tell them it is effecting your vision, maybe try an optition??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

Frankie1234 HB User
Re: Really wierd -- mucus strings taking over my eyes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivelove View Post
So for about two years now, my eyes have been developing these strings of mucus, and its been getting worse and worse. It started with just one every now and then, and now 2 years later i am finding myself pulling them out constantly ... i'm talking like 20-40 times a day! I tried to ask an eye doctor and he referred to it as 'mucus fishing syndrome' and called it a vicious cycle. The vicious cycle part i can completely understand, but if i dont take them out i can feel them all over the inner lids of my eye, and if i really try to not take them out they will glide over my pupil and affect my vision so i have to take them out. I've started to develop bigger circles under my eyes from pulling at the skin so much to get them out. The strings have seriously been as long as 4 inches sometimes, its disgusting and i hate it. I don't know what to do to break the cycle, and my eye doctor wasn't much help. I have tried to find information about it online and can't find much. I really need help because i know messing with my eyes so much will eventually hurt the eyes themselves. Please help!
My co worker has the same thing. She has no insurance and the eye doctors seen say the same thing. YOU MUST STOP TOUCHING YOUR EYES.

Closed Thread