It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
(female)

sophie2007 HB User
White liquid type spot imparing vision in left eye.

I have been having problems with my left eye after an episode of syncope and weakness. They did a MRI and it came out negative. Had an EEG last week but no results yet. A few weeks ago a group of opthamologists did a very extensive exam to rule out temporal arteritis, (I choose not to have the biopsy done) but they feel I do not have TA. My SED rate is 82 but testing for RA is negative. Everyone is baffled as I get bursts of little black floaters constanstly in my left eye, and a sort of curtain type vison occassionally, but no detached retna. Anyway, they put me on prednisolone, ( prednisone eye drops) which made me very ill so I could not take them but every since I put the drops in my left eye I have been seeing a white drop, (looks as if there is a drop of paint floating around) in the vision of my left eye six to ten times a day. It seems to stay more perepherial and is never the same shape. It's hard to explain. Has anyone exeperienced this and has anyone tried the prednisolone drops? Also, I did have lasix surgery in my left eye ten years ago but never any problems from it. Thanks so much to anyone who responds! Sophie

Last edited by sophie2007; 06-30-2008 at 04:43 AM. Reason: left out words

Closed Thread