It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

MommyKC HB User
I have pixelated, snowy, grainy vision... and i can hardly see in the dark, advice?

my vision is very densely pixalated. like thousands of tiny dots swarming around everywhere in my field of vision and they are still their when i close my eyes. my eyes cant even adjust to the dark because the dots are white and swarming and flashing around everywhere. i get after images a lot that last for a while. my eyes are botherd just by looking at patterns such as the strips on my curtians or the poles under my stair railing because they will be inprinted in my vison when i look away. This vision is constent and i have no headaches. but when i do get headaches i will get them behind my eyes. has anyone ever heard of this?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
(female)

faithlies HB User
Re: I have pixalated, snowy, grainy vision.. and i can hardly see in the dark, advice

If you can try to avoid the visual disturbance, what is your distance vision like?

It's just that you describe what my vision is like at night without glasses -- I'm quite shortsighted (-7)

Whatever, you really need to see an optician to get this diagnosed, good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User
Re: I have pixalated, snowy, grainy vision.. and i can hardly see in the dark, advice

What you describe is often referred to as "visual snow" and is very common. Do a search on that. Seeing after-images is palinopsia (search also). You don't say if you are myopic or on any meds.
As last poster said, see an eye doc, if you haven't already.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
(female)

dreamynights HB User
Re: I have pixelated, snowy, grainy vision... and i can hardly see in the dark, advic

Did it start happening recently? Like someone else said, this is called visual snow, or visual static. Like television static (other people call this snow) which is how it got its name. I've actually had it for a really long time, have no idea what caused it and I dont think theres a cure for it. Basically since I've had it since I was young, I always thought this was how normal vision is. There isnt much research on it.

However, if you've just started recently getting it, it may be something you've done to your body. It seems a lot of these are drug related, happening after taking some type of drug that ends up harming your link (possible nerves?) from brain to eyes.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
(female)

MommyKC HB User
Re: I have pixelated, snowy, grainy vision... and i can hardly see in the dark, advic

I have had this since i was a kid and i too thought it was "normal" until i was persrbied Zoloft and it got to the point where i could not see anything and the dots made my vision look like ocean waves, i was dizzy and couldnt walk hardly. so i stopped taking the zoloft (after only 5 days) and have not been on any meds since. And that was a few months ago. Lately for this past month my "snow" seems to be worse, i dont know if it is actually getitng worse or i am just concentrating on it too much. I have never taken any type of illegal drugs either so that is not the case with that.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
(female)

butlerkm HB User

I have the exact same symptoms as you. Do you also find that when you close one eye the blackness starts to cross over into your vision? I am worried about this as well and am seeing an opthamologist at the end of the month. I'll let you know if I get it diagnosed. Have you gotten any information yet?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #7
(male)

Hunter L HB User

I have every singal symptom you are talking about, and sometimes get the random behind the eyes headaches that hut alot. My mother thinks it is from strain from video game so she will not take me to the optomitrists because "she knows what they'll say. This is kinda scaring me and seeing in the dark is very weired/difficult i dont know because i forgot what normal vision was like. Im also sure i have had it since i was about 8. here are my thoughts:
-burnt out retina
-TV eye strain
-something no docter has found out about

Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
(female)

Bananana13 HB User

I too have seen in pixelated/ snowy/ tv static vision ever since I was a kid. For 20 years I was convinced that everyone saw that way and that people just didn't know I meant when I explained it to them. But after finally talking to someone else who knew what I meant a week ago, I realized it wasn't normal! I was like oh my gosh, really?! D: I thought non-fuzzy vision was reserved for when we get to heaven. O_O D'OH! I'd say for me it looks the most like tv static either when there's no light in a room or when I'm staring at a solid color. In my case, I'd guess it's from playing too many video games from the time was very young while my eyes were still developing. The fact that I had Convergence Insufficiency (due to an un-fully developed nervous system upon birth) probably also added to the snow vision.

I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing in dots...I have 20/20 vision regardless. Since I've lived with it my whole life, I don't consciously notice all the visual side effects you mentioned. But now that I really think about it, I guess that is what I see/feel.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
(female)

LorraineTaylor HB User

I have the exact same symptoms, I've been to the optitions to get my eyes checked and they said my eyes are fine. I've been to the doctors twice and they've had no answers, it's as if they think your making the symptoms up when you talk about them and it's very frustrating that I have recieved no diagnosis. Have you heard any thing more from the doctor or have you received any information on what it could be since you posted this?

Closed Thread