It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
(female)

brenbroker HB User
Restor acrysof lens dissatisfaction

Am I the only one who is having bad results after cataract surgery and implant of Restor acrysof lens. I have double vision, can't read for more than 2 minutes without getting nauseous, huge halos and bright spiderwebs around lights, so night driving is impossible. Magniifiers don't work because although images are stronger, they make the double vision more pronounced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User
Re: Restor acrysof lens dissatisfaction

Do a search for "crystalens". There have been a number of complaints about that IOL, moreso than the Restor; however, some mention is made of Restor. Our poster Serious Person has both types of lenses implanted, and they both present their own problems, I believe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

brenbroker HB User
Unhappy Re: Restor acrysof lens dissatisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenbroker View Post
Am I the only one who is having bad results after cataract surgery and implant of Restor acrysof lens. I have double vision, can't read for more than 2 minutes without getting nauseous, huge halos and bright spiderwebs around lights, so night driving is impossible. Magniifiers don't work because although images are stronger, they make the double vision more pronounced.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB User

Your results with ReStor really do sound awful. At this point, your best bet might be consultations with other surgeons experienced with ReStor. (Can you do that in Canada?) Without significant improvement, you should probably consider getting the ReStor lenses explanted and replaced with monofocals.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
(female)

brenbroker HB User

thanks Jodie- I have met with the physician and have decided as you suggested. The proc lens will be removed and replaced with the standard soft monofocal lens.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
(female)

judysimp HB User

You are not the only one, my husband has only 20/100 vision in one eye after surgery and implants in both eyes. They now want to do lasik. They say explanting is very dangerous.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't believe that explanting an IOL is dangerous if there has not been a YAG and the procedure is performed by a surgeon who is very experienced with explanting IOLs.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
(female)

brenbroker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by judysimp View Post
You are not the only one, my husband has only 20/100 vision in one eye after surgery and implants in both eyes. They now want to do lasik. They say explanting is very dangerous.
In my case, the doctor was not anxious to do the explants but realized that I could not function without the procedures. The outcome of removing the lens and replacing with the monofocal lens was successful although as a result of 4 surgeries ,I am left with a floater in my left eye which resembles lace and often times it clouds my vision in the one eye. From the doctors I contacted, it is imperative that the explants if necessary be performed ASAP . It is a more difficult surgery if the implants remain in the eyes for a lengthy period of time. I also know 2 patients who had the lasik procedure to correct the original surgery and both have had no positive results.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
(female)

lensuser HB User

I had restor lens implanted 04/10, had yag laser 11/10, vision is horrible. I am a nurse and can hardly do my job due to shadowing behind letters and numbers,have halos at night so I can hardly drive at night. I am also afraid to have them explanted. I have a restor lens in my right eye and technis in my left. Has anyone improved after explantation. I am ready to quit my job, for fear of making a mistake. I also sit so close to the computer to see that it gives me headaches.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lensuser, it's possible to explant ReStors even after Yag, but you'd want to have this done by the best cataract surgeon in town. Have you gotten second/third opinions about your options?

Old 01-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
(female)

GSLanders HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenbroker View Post
2011 I had cataract surgery with these lenses and am very unhappy. I cannot read. see files in a filing cabinet, work after dark, drive without halo effect all in all not a happy camper when I thought I would finally be able to see everything all the time. I wonder if these lenses can be removed and regular corrective lens put in?

The Following User Says Thank You to GSLanders For This Useful Post:
SharrowLane (07-22-2012)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
(female)

bettysuef HB User

I had my Restor lenses put in about 15 months ago. I am not happy at all. The doctor did something with my pupils hoping that would help--it did not. About 6 weeks ago he did the Yag and that also did nothing to help. My vision both near and far has a blurry edge to it. There is no true focus. I have finally decided to get a second opinion and see what happens with that. I can;t believe I spent all that money and my vision is now worse that before I started. This makes my knitting and jewelry making very difficult and my eyes look and feel tired all the time.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
(female)

stonecrest HB User
Angry Re: Restor acrysof lens dissatisfaction

I had cataract surgery and astigmatism correction on March 23, 2012, at St. Luke's in Tarpon Springs, FL, and a ReStor lens inserted. I have blurry vision at all distances, as well as glare problems. I was told yesterday by my surgeon that there was a miscalculation with my astigmatism correction and I still have some astigmatism. I must wait for three months for the healing process to complete and then he will go in with a laser and "try" to give me "better" vision. I am obviously not happy.

Closed Thread