It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
(male)

benji99 HB User
Eye Discomfort, Inflammation & Discharge

Hey all,

Hoping to get some advice from you guys!

I have been wearing contacts for about 15 years. I started to have some problems within the last couple of years where my eyes would be uncomfortable and I could not wear contacts for a day or two.

About 6 or 7 weeks ago, I developed an earache in my left ear and went to see a doctor who prescribed antibiotics for an infection. At the same time, my left eye started to really bother me. I had a lot of yellow discharge (worse at night) and would wake up with my eye matted shut at times. Went to see my eye doctor and he suggested I had conjunctivitis. He prescribed drops and I went back after a couple days since it was not clearing up. In the meantime, my earache had cleared though I still couldn't hear perfectly out of my left ear. Back to the eye doctor, he prescribed stronger antibiotic drops (Vigamox) which I used until they were gone. I finished off the original prescribed drops as well before wearing contacts again.

Today, I still have a slight yellow discharge and my eyes are extremely dry, yet watery and itchy and inflamed (redness, swelling). I went back to the eye doctor two days ago and he now believes that I may just have chronic dry eyes and extremely inflamed eyes from discomfort of my contacts and/or solution building up for several years. I am now using Allergan FML drops (steroids?) and lubrication drops. He suggested to use the Allergan FML drops for 7 days, and then try daily contacts (he gave me samples - used 2 week Acuvue Oasys before) and continue to use lubricating drops.

So, I really don't feel like i am getting anywhere with this. I am uncomfortable all the time and it's only my left that is bothering me. As said, I still have a bit of yellow discharge (at all times, though heavier at night) and my eye constantly water but are dry and itchy. Also, when I look way left or right, or any direction, my left eye feels like something is in it, scratching it, sorta like an eye lash in the eye ...

I am on the right path? I just don't feel that this is going to fix things. He suggested that a day of those new drops would have me feeling tons better, but I feel no improvement at all ...

See a different doctor, perhaps?

Last edited by benji99; 10-16-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread