It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Question about eyes

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
lsmith1
(female)

lsmith1 HB User
Question Question about eyes

About 6 months ago I noticed that one of my pupils seemed larger than the other and I was having some pain in the eye...went to an eye doctor who did all the usual tests and said everything was fine sent me on my way with eye drops. It seemed to kind of go away and I forgot about it even though one puil still a little larger than the other.

Now all of a sudden in the last 3 days I have had severe pressure behind that eye and my vision is really blurry. I thought maybe it was alergies so I have been using allergy eye drops, Aleve, and some nasal spray. This does not seem to be working.

I have an appointment today with my GP and was wondering what everyone thinks I should push for? I dont want him to pass it off as nothing but dont want to go back to the eye doctor because last time he said my eyes were fine. Should I try and get my doctor to order and MRI or CT Scan or something? I am scared I might have something really bad wrong with me...help!

Thanks
Laurin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
lsmith1
(female)

lsmith1 HB User
Re: Question about eyes

Well I went to the doctor and he scheduled me for an MRI with and without contrast on Friday...said if nothing shows up on that I am back to the eye doctor to see if they can figure anything out. I hate to go back to them though cause I went about 5 months ago and they did not find anything. Owell hopefully they will figure it out cause the anxiety is killing me!

Thanks

Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
KeelaC
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User

Could you get a referral to a different eye doc?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 AM   #4
lsmith1
(female)

lsmith1 HB User

That is what my GP said that maybe I can schedule an appointment with a different one so that maybe they can figure it out. Its at Mayo so I am sure all the doctors are good.

I am really nervous aboutt he MRI though. I wish it was today so I could get it over with but of course I have to wait until Friday...which feels like forever!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
lsmith1
(female)

lsmith1 HB User

Got my MRI results and they did not show anything. Good thing I know...but still dont know what is wrong.

I have an appointment Dec 1st for a neuro optamologist.

I really hope they can figure it out!

Closed Thread