It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Low Tension Glaucoma??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Janesfoot
Veteran
(female)

Janesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB User
Low Tension Glaucoma??

I went to an Optometrist four weeks ago because I'm 48 and am considering bifocals or monovision contacts. I've had good vision until the last few years, and am having the typical middle age issues with reading. The doctor did the routine tests and told me that the cups of my eyes are larger than normal and are crowding the optic nerves.
My eye pressure was 12, but it appeared I may be getting glaucoma ( I looked online and there is a condition called low-tension glaucoma). The doctor also said it may just be how my eyes are and he would request permission from my pcp to do further tests. The doctor said not to be alarmed but that I should get the tests done within the next month. I called one week later to learn the doctor had not sent the request for additonal tests yet, but would be doing it in the next day or so and the office would contact me when they got permisssion. I am nervous to say the least, but sat tight waiting to hear from the doctor. Three weeks later I still had not heard anything so I called the optometrist. They faxed the request yesterday! I called my pcp office to say I did not want to return to the optometrist, but would prefer to see an opthamologist I had seen many years ago. I figured he would have my last test results and would know if my eyes are changing, or that what the optometrist saw is my baseline. I'm thankful I have not had vision issues in the past. I'm not really looking for an answer from the board, but wanted a safe place to vent. I've used the board when I had foot surgery, and found great advice and support from the readers. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2008, 06:18 AM   #2
rbon
(male)

rbon HB User
Re: Low Tension Glaucoma??

ur werlcome :-)

Closed Thread