It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
(male)

oates151 HB User
My eyes are getting worse - how can I improve this!

Over the past 3 years, my vision has been worsening (most likely because of increased computer usage). I have a hard time seeing distant text and faces. Each time I go to the eye docter, I need a stronger perscription (well it's been two perscriptions in the past 2 years) and when I got this last pair, a day later I noticed that I needed to tilt the glasses upward to see some text on the board

My eye doctor is kind of strange and pretty scary to be honest so I thought i'd come here. He mentioned some eye exercises about looking at far objects, but I am not totally sure how that works and how I should try to focus my eyes. Im only 16 so i'm guessing it is still possible to adjust my lenses and at least improve my vision slightly for the future and prevent them from getting any worse.

What shall I do?

The eye doctor as confirmed each time its probbaly the computer. I need help with this, I don't want to use glasses all the time if I can prevent it.

Thank you everyone!

-Pat

Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User
Re: My eyes are getting worse - how can I improve this!

The subject of close work being responsible for myopia is controversial. Odds are, you'd have the same eye problem if you didn't use a computer. The exercises just involve changing your focus from close to far several times. Doing this once every hour wouldn't hurt, while you're on the computer.

It's not uncommon for someone your age to need progressively stronger prescriptions, but myopia tends to stabilize in the mid-20s.

If you're interested, you can research the causes of myopia and draw your own conclusions about computer use.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
(male)

ep1s0d3 HB User
Re: My eyes are getting worse - how can I improve this!

well im no pro but if you use the TV Screen or monitor for longer than needed! your eyes adjust to the monitor being in the same place all the time! If you are an excessive user years of this cause the eyes to become lazy and the muscles do not go back to their normal self causing you to see things at a distance which will be fuzzy!

The eyes then cant focus on longer distant things! I found out im short sighted in 1 eye and long in the other!

Closed Thread