It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
(male)

markosman HB User
do i have to pay for glasses unemployed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: do i have to pay for glasses unemployed

I would guess so unless you're on some kind of public assistance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
(male)

markosman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by markosman View Post

Old 12-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #4
(male)

markosman HB User

many thanks for your help on this matter but as i have just been laid off work after working for a company for 25 years with no pay for the last 5 weeks that i have worked it is no joke to me
im just trying to find out if i get assistance for glasses
many many thanks not

Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User

Sorry to hear about your redundancy. It does come as a shock and I know because it happened to me several years ago.
If you are on a 25-year severance package, the chances are that you are still subject to the same NHS cover as if you were employed - for a period of time governed by employment law. In the UK, the best place for you to ask this question is at the Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you sign on at your local Job Centre, they will continue to make your national insurance contributions but the point at which you can sign on will depend on the terms of your severance package.
Please bear in mind that this is a US-based site and that the majority of participants have no knowledge of UK NHS regulations.
Try not to be bitter about your redundancy. With a positive attitude, you will get over it. Good luck.

Closed Thread