It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
(male)

ctf1 HB User
hit head now have pressure back of head and eyes, what kind of doctor?

what kindo of doctor should i go to if i hit my head and now have a strong pressure in the back of my head it feels like the optic nerve is under pressure.
please give me a quick answer because its been going on for about 3 weeks now and my eyes hurt.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #2

Meg and Nate's Momma HB User
Re: hit head now have pressure back of head and eyes, what kind of doctor?

I'm no doctor but I would probably go to the ER and have it looked at. You'll probably need a CT or possibly an MRI to rule out swelling of the brain among other things.

GL with it! Let us know what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctf1 View Post
what kindo of doctor should i go to if i hit my head and now have a strong pressure in the back of my head it feels like the optic nerve is under pressure.
please give me a quick answer because its been going on for about 3 weeks now and my eyes hurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

firstaiddispatc HB User

You need to go to the eye doctors or emergency asap as there might have been some problems to the optic area. Good luck!

Old 12-31-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
(male)

mike1961 HB User

Maybe a neurologist as well. ER will determine.

Mike

Old 01-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
(male)

ctf1 HB User

i went to the er yesterday. the pain was pretty bad and i'm assuming it was from being in a bumpy car ride for four hours and then installing 2 doors by myself. please excuse my ignorance, but when it was explaned to me that a concussion is the bruising of the brain( i didnt know thats what a concussio was) it made sense that i havent given it a chance to heal.im a highly active person, an dlike to move around a lot. when i wake up in the morning i feel pretty good, but throughout the day itll start to hurt(im assuming i was hopping around or something).

now when i went to the er all they did was look into my eyes, mouth, and ears with one of those light scopes. the lady then said i was likely fine. they said i could get an mri to know for sure but they would only do a cat scan there and i was basically recommended to not do thatand just get an mri if i was concerned.

so i think im going to go to a doctor for the issue and try to get an mri done. reason being i have an issue with my blood that i havent seen a doctor for, when my heart rate raises too high i feel my jugular veins throbbing(assuming cholesterol). im worried it may have something to do with this.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #6

Meg and Nate's Momma HB User

I'm glad you're getting the MRI- better safe than sorry IMO.
Hang in there and GL with everything!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
(male)

ctf1 HB User

thank you for the support, i saw a neurologist yesterday, and they have to clear the mri through my insurance, so hopefully ill get a call back from my doc to come in and get the mri done. he also said he wanted to do some more tests.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
(male)

shrzz HB User

I feel like I'm experiencing much of the same issues, could you tell us if it was resolved, and if so, how?

Old 05-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
(male)

ctf1 HB User

well it turned out my project at that time was a 1973 vw beetle. she was letting out gasoline fumes and that caused the pressure in my head. as soon as i got away from it i became progressively better, i know this because after being away from it i started driving it and within 20 minutes of smelling the gas i got a nice headache! i might just be a little paranoid now but i think im now more sensitive to the gasoline fumes. i hope you find out whats wrong with you and get it taken care of! best of luck!

oh and as it turns out it had nothing to do with bumping my head!

Closed Thread