It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Visions gotten worse after glasses

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
babybox
(female)

babybox HB User
Visions gotten worse after glasses

I am 21 years old and I first got glasses when I was 10 but I never actually wore them. When I was 16, I got new glasses and wore them on and off (I am near sighted.) The last time I was at an eye doctor was when I turned 19 and I got new glasses but they were the same magnification. I wore my glasses a lot more than I did in the past. I have noticed for a while now, my vision has been MUCH worse now.

First of all, when I don't wear glasses it is very blurry and it was never that way before. I never recall having that bad of a vision problem. But now even with my glasses ON I find myself squinting. I don't wear extremely strong thick glasses or anything, but I have just noticed that since I went from wearing my glasses a little to more frequently...my eye sight has been worse. Is this normal for someone who has glasses, especially at my age?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
drs
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Re: Visions gotten worse after glasses

If I were you I'd call your doctor about what your experiencing, for one they may have messed up your prescription, two you may have some fast degeneration going on that would need to be addressed. Call them right away. One time my Mom got a prescription for new glasses, and come to find out it had been almost a year before I found out she hadn't been using those glasses because they made her eyes feel like they were under some weird pulling pressure. I took her back in to see her old doctor and her prescription was way off. (too strong)

Because I took her back within the year her new prescription was free. So go back or call them and make another appointment. Diana

Old 01-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
babybox
(female)

babybox HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs View Post
If I were you I'd call your doctor about what your experiencing, for one they may have messed up your prescription, two you may have some fast degeneration going on that would need to be addressed. Call them right away. One time my Mom got a prescription for new glasses, and come to find out it had been almost a year before I found out she hadn't been using those glasses because they made her eyes feel like they were under some weird pulling pressure. I took her back in to see her old doctor and her prescription was way off. (too strong)

Because I took her back within the year her new prescription was free. So go back or call them and make another appointment. Diana
I don't have insurance so it would be hard to go to a doctor at this point. I looked up symptoms dry macular degeneration, it doesn't appear to be whats happening with me. One thing I have noticed is that I have used the computer A LOT more frequently than I did in the past ever since I got a new laptop in my room. I am wondering if that has something to do with it. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
TopGeek
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User

You are at an age where your vision is settling into its adult phase. Quite dramatic changes may occur up to about 25, by which time your sight should stabilise for many years.
At your age, there is certainly a tendency for your eyes to relax when you wear your glasses for longer periods and that means you will find your vision more blurred when you try to see without them. I am assuming that you are long-sighted as what you describe fits that pattern.
So, it all sounds very normal to me and I am also long-sighted.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:39 AM   #5
drs
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

Just want to add, it is the eye doctor that will redo the prescription if it's wrong to begin with. Doesn't matter that you don't have insurance, call and tell them your new glasses aren't what you thought they would be, your not seeing very good with them, they should do something for your if it's been a short time since you got them. Ask them if there's a charge.

Good luck, Diana

Closed Thread