It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Stye

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
gskumar1327
(male)

gskumar1327 HB User
Stye

In the mid seventies, I suffered from a series of styes on my eyelids. A new one would appear a couple of days after one healed. They were more irritating than painful, and I complained to my Company doctor : an old gentleman whose medical qualification was just a LIM (Licencee in Medicine?). He asked me to take 2 tsp of a medicine named COLLOIDAL MANGANESE ORAL, diluted with equal quantity of water, to end the 'menace'. I took it for 2 weeks. It wa tasteless, and smelled like fountain-pen ink.Almost 35 years have passed, and I have never had a single stye after that medication. The old doctor passed away three decades ago.

During the past 35 years, I have discussed this with several doctors - both general practiotioners and ophthalmologists, but they insist that there is no such medication (colloidal manganese oraL) used in modern ophthalmology, and that manganese in any form has nothing to do with styes! Some of the doctors had been asking me where I got the "preparation" - whether it was mixed by a chemist or was it available in bottled form. Obviously, they had not even heard about the preparation! But the fact remains that it did indeed cure me of my persistent stye problem.

Can somebody explain, please...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
enjuniper
(female)

enjuniper HB User
Wink Re: Stye

I also get styes. I get them as often as once a month it seems. They are very painful. I used to work at a health food store and we sold colloidal silver. I don't know if its close to what you took. But I bet it is. It is used to cure all sorts of ailments. Weird. Anyway. Check it out

Old 01-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
sickofpain2
Veteran
(female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User
Re: Stye

I have heard of using sterile boric acid boiled in water. I think you get this at pharmacy. Not sure how much b/a you use, but I know when my son was about 1-2 years old and around alot of kids, he used to get styes and had 2 episodes of pink eye.

A friends mom made a mix for us and I used it for a few days to clean the eye with cotton balls and he has never had an issue since. It did not hurt my son at all and seen a difference in just a few hours.

I think b/a has anticeptic properties to it and is what was used in the "old days".

Last edited by sickofpain2; 01-20-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Closed Thread