It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

uvitis

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
gogo2312
(male)

gogo2312 HB User
uvitis

hallo.my uncle had in last couple of years repeatively attacks of UVITIS a.k.a. IRITIS on booth of his eyes.each time symptoms were treated with some kind of cream for eyes,but however he was always told that it isn`t a definitive cure.his doctors were all solidar in the oppinion that there is very little(almoust nothing!)known about this disseaze.not even a basic stuff like what is the couse of illness or what can a pacient do with eye on prevention of this fantom virus.well that last is egsactly waht i m going to ask you in this massage!!could you name me some risico factors that he can avoid the repeativly `crashing in wave of virus which awakeness ilness!is there some special diet he could follow,a diet which would contain chemicalls that are reinforcing immunity of his whole body?and finaly last but not least if my/uncle would like to found out if some of his emotional and mental states of mind can/could ectualy trigger the symptons time after time/again?!
i am already very thankfull that you found some time to read my questrion and even bigger thanx for when/if you!!!!!!!
GORAN LEVAK,
ROTTERDAM-NETHERLAND

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
AuntieLeela
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: uvitis

Uveitis is often associated with autoimmune disorders. I have uveitis associated with my juvenile chronic polyarthritis.

Does your uncle have any autoimmune disorder? Like rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis as a child (JA), lower back pain and stiffness (ankylosing spondylitis), ulcerative colitis, crohn's or psoriasis?

If he does, then the uveitis is most likely autoimmune as well. Physical or psychological stress could cause it to flare up. Immunosuppressive medication like methotrexate might be needed. I don't know of any diet or supplement specific for uveitis. The anti-inflammatory diet (high in omega-3, low fat) is recommended for anyone with chronic inflammation.

I've read there have been successful clinical trials with the drug Remicade.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
TopGeek
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User

Uveitis is really just inflammation of the eye and is a symptom rather than a specific disease. It can be caused by anything that irritates the eye and that can range from external factors such as a virus or internal anti-inflammatory conditions such as rheumatism or arthritis. Some people are more susceptible than others and have to take anti-inflammatory eye drops to control the condition. However, flare-ups can occur due to a common cold, illness or even depression. Maintaining a good state of health is therefore very important. Beste wensen voor uw oom.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
annie42
(female)

annie42 HB Userannie42 HB Userannie42 HB User

I am currently going through iritis. I was dx'd last week. Doctor put me on drops and I was told that this is very common following trauma to the eye. I recently had cataract surgery. It started out as a slight irritation but it soon turned into pain! A lot of pain. The eye drops are for dilating the pupil and the other is a steroid. It is much better now and am going back for a checkup with my surgeon on Wednesday. Blessing, Annie

Closed Thread