It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
(female)

SarahSeales HB User
Question Hard bump on eye

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me or has advice.

2 days ago I discovered a hard bump on the outside corner of my eye. It's on my actual eye, about 2 or 3 mm in size. When looking straight ahead, it can't be seen because it's nestled just under the skin, but when I look to the right you can see it. I probably would have never noticed it at all, since I can't see it without help of 2 mirrors, but I can feel it and it's very uncomfortable. Not necessarily painful, but it feels like there's a little rock stuck in my eye. I touched it with my finger and it feels hard.

I went to the doctor yesterday, just a regular old general practitioner (I have to in order to get a referral). He looked at it for a second and said, "oh, it's probably one of those pinguecula's. You'll likely have it the rest of your life" I said, "So I'll feel like I have something stuck in my eye for the rest of my life?" he says, "yes, is there anything else I can do for you?" I said, "how about a referral to an ophthalmologist". So I'm going to see an ophthalmologist about this eventually, but can't call to make an appointment until tomorrow.

I don't think it's a pinguecula. The only thing it has in common with one, is that they're both spots on the white part of my eye. I'm only 25 and don't hang out in the sun, I always wear sunglasses anyway. Plus, my spot is in a part of the eye that doesn't really get sun exposure anyway, unless I look very far to the right. And this doesn't really have the big system of veins that a pinguecula has, and usually a pinguecula isn't raised?

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. I don't wear contacts or glasses, I have no allergies. Meanwhile it's making me crazy feeling like I have something stuck in my eye 24/7. It's actually hard to sleep at night because of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
(female)

ckjm HB User
Re: Hard bump on eye

I have actually had this happen to me, twice. I don't get seasonal allergies too bad, but when I do, they manifest themselves in my eye. I've had the small bump before and even a long, raised line in the white of my eye...did a few days of patenol (sp?) (allergy eye drop) and it eventually went away.
I always find that a hot compress helps to decrease and then drain the bump too...not directly on the eye but with the eye closed.

Closed Thread