It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
(male)

r32 HB User
double vision or ghosting vision?

I have been experiencing some vertical ghosting vision. It gets worse in night time and also when I look at a black screen with white text. I also have sometimes some red veins on the eye...
My head doesn't heart, not anything unusual but I am very worried. I don't trow up.
What can be the cause? Could it be all coming from anxiety, because I am suffering from this thing?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

schatzi08 HB User
Re: double vision or ghosting vision?

Hello,

I'm a firm believer, when it comes to the eyes, don't take unnecessary risks. Have an eye doctor check you out to make sure your ok.

The first thing I thought of when reading your post was astigmatism. I have this condition which is corrected with prescription lenses. Do lights at night look like stars? Also at night do highway signs and the lines painted on the streets look like triple images? It's easiest to see the effects of astigmatism at night, at least for me. I, too, have problems reading white letters on a black background and my eyes get red and tired.

I also share with you anxiety problems, and when I'm in panic attack mode I feel like I can't see. There's vision there, but my brain cannot comprehend what I'm seeing. I wouldn't doubt that anxiety may exacerbate your eye problem.

Hope this helps,
J.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
(male)

r32 HB User

The issue is that I don't have this problem with everything. I don't see ghosting/double everything, just the bright things appear ghosting...

Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
(male)

timtim HB User

I would get it checked out. It could possibly be keratoconus. I have that, and have a lot of double vision/ghosting of images. Best of luck.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #5
(male)

r32 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtim View Post
I would get it checked out. It could possibly be keratoconus. I have that, and have a lot of double vision/ghosting of images. Best of luck.
do you see double/ghosting everything?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #6
(male)

timtim HB User

with my contacts out, yes, I see double vision, ghosting, and a lot of blurring for pretty much everything. Buy my keratonus has gotten worse over the last few years. A couple years ago, I didn't see as much. With my hard contact lenses in, I don't see much of it, I just don't see extremely clearly...especially things in the distance.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
(female)

schatzi08 HB User

Hi again,

Two other thoughts occured to me. One, maybe you're experiencing eye strain. Do you spend alot of time staring at the computer screen, play video games for long periods or reading? The eyes get tired and dry and may have some trouble refocusing. That could explain why you don't always have symptoms.

2nd thought, one of the symptoms of blood sugar problems such as diabetes or hypoglycemia is visual changes. Transient blurriness or ghosting of vision can fall under here. Though I think this is unlikely, you might want to get it checked out.

Hope you find the information you seek,
J.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
(female)

schatzi08 HB User

Hi timtim,

I was curious, what is a keratonus? Is it like a cataract?

thanks,
J.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:48 AM   #9
(male)

r32 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatzi08 View Post
Hi again,

Two other thoughts occured to me. One, maybe you're experiencing eye strain. Do you spend alot of time staring at the computer screen, play video games for long periods or reading? The eyes get tired and dry and may have some trouble refocusing. That could explain why you don't always have symptoms.

2nd thought, one of the symptoms of blood sugar problems such as diabetes or hypoglycemia is visual changes. Transient blurriness or ghosting of vision can fall under here. Though I think this is unlikely, you might want to get it checked out.

Hope you find the information you seek,
J.
Hi

I spend quite a lot of time in front of the pc, have to admit that. The issues is that I see very well in distance. I've done a visual exam, and the optometrist told me that I see very very well. I also though about the pc, because as I read it can really mess your eyes, the pc, I mean.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
(male)

txdave35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32 View Post
Hi

I spend quite a lot of time in front of the pc, have to admit that. The issues is that I see very well in distance. I've done a visual exam, and the optometrist told me that I see very very well. I also though about the pc, because as I read it can really mess your eyes, the pc, I mean.
I have the ghosting vision as well. I only see it mainly when looking at light against dark backgrounds like the alarm clock at night, or subtitles in a movie.

I also started seeing halo rings around street lights, but regular building signs at night look normal. I attribute to my astigmatism mixed with being extremely near sighted. It sucks

Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
(male)

szami93 HB User

Hi

Do you know now what causes this problem with your eyes? I have the same problems and the doctors don't know what's this.

Closed Thread