It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
(female)

fillyd HB User
why do i have 1 constantly watering eye

why do i have 1 constantly watering eye, i have had my tear ducts enlarged 1 eye is same and the other has got much worse, i have been suscribed vibromycin which has made no difference and makes me feel nauseous

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
(male)

thirdeyeguy HB User
Re: why do i have 1 constantly watering eye

Excess tearing is often a result of eyelid anatomy changes. Eyelids tend to sag and the edges no longer retain the tear film as we age. Other causes can actually be dry eyes. Excessive Dryness causes irritation which results in reflexive tearing intermittently throughout the day. It sounds like you were diagnosed with tear duct occlusion and possibly an infection. That too can lead to prevention of excees tears draining into the nasal passageway and cause tearing. A Jones Dye Test where dye is placed in the tear film nad checked to see if it appears when you blow your nose can confirm if the tear duct is functioning>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

momlosh HB User

i have an eye that tears all the time and was diagnosed with dry eye. the only thing that has helped is Theratears liquid gels that come in small ampules. One drop morning and evening has really helped. The eye doctor also said to use systane during the day. I wear contacts and it is nice to be able to see out of my eye again and not have to wear my glasses all the time. Check with your eye doctor first.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
(male)

thirdeyeguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlosh View Post
i have an eye that tears all the time and was diagnosed with dry eye. the only thing that has helped is Theratears liquid gels that come in small ampules. One drop morning and evening has really helped. The eye doctor also said to use systane during the day. I wear contacts and it is nice to be able to see out of my eye again and not have to wear my glasses all the time. Check with your eye doctor first.
Theratears is good because it has no preservatives and is not toxic to the cornea, The systane and gel formulations last longer but can blur your vision a little. Omega 3 fatty acids in capsules or liquid taken orally is something you should discuss with your eye doctor. It takes 1-2 months to work but when it does it can be a godsend. It is not uncommon for one eye to have more problems tearing than the other, unknown but could be different eyelid interactions, a less developed tear gland on one side or Damaged by disease or trauma in the past, different tear chemistry and gland functions, different shapes to the front of the eye-who knows? There is a reason somewhere. 2-4 times per day is considered normal artificial tear use, more than that and people won't consisitently use them so we try something else. Fish oil is good for a lot of other problems and best obtained from your diet if possible.

Closed Thread