It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

Morganio HB User
Unhappy Floaters and difficulty reading/ general vision problems

I've been having weird vision problems lately, and I was hoping someone here could shed some light on them.

It started off with floaters- I would see way more of them than was usual. It got to be quite distracting. Then, I had a period of two weeks where I had a headache at the end of the day, every day. Althouhg I wasn't having any problems with my vision at that point (apart from floaters) I assumed this was eyestrain, and made an appointment for an eye exam. The eye exam was completely normal, though.
The headaches stopped after two weeks (shortly after the eye exam), but after they stopped, I started having problems with my vision. I now have trouble reading solid blocks of text- if paragraphs are too long, they start to look blurry, and I cannot read them. I also have trouble reading strings of numbers- I have difficulty seperating the numbers, and telling which order they come in. And I find it extremely difficult to read anything at all on the computer. I also have difficulty looking to the sides. Finally- I often get a feeling like one eye has "shut off" (at one point I was afraid I'd gone blind in one eye). So, if I am somewhere with a wall on one side, my vision will shut-off on the side with the wall.

It's to the point now where I have to copy all my emails in Word, and double-space them before I can read them.

Any ideas? It's kind of freaking me out.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

bilybowl HB User
Re: Floaters and difficulty reading/ general vision problems

Hi, I had floaters and flashes of light and ended up with a retina tear. Did the eye md dialate your eyes and see your floaters? My eye doctor can always see my floaters and then he explains to me why I also have the flashes.

Also have you discussed your symptoms with your eye md again or contacted your primary care doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
(female)

Morganio HB User

Hi

My eye doctor couldn't see any floaters. And because the eye doctor couldn't find anything wrong, my primary care doctor doesn't think it's anything worth investigating (basically- he said if the eye doc didn't find anything, there's nothing wrong).

Old 07-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB User

If you saw an optometrist, you need to see an ophthalmologist (an M.D. trained to treat eye diseases). If a general ophthalmologist can't diagnose your problem, then get a referral to a neuro-ophthalmologist.

Last edited by JodieJ; 07-08-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Closed Thread