It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
(male)

regal94 HB User
Exclamation vision shaking side to side

Lightheadedness, Top heavy foggy feeling

Fullness in ears, unable to pop. When they do pop lightheadedness goes away, hard swallowing sometimes makes hearing better, so does eating soup with lot's of hot sauce....again only sometimes...pressure changes in ears when yawning

On and off sinus pressure in cheeks and above eyebrows

Balance and coordination problems

Fatigue/ concentration problem / forgetfulness

Mild on and off pain in ears, behind ears runing down sides of neck, and pain behind head on both sides at base of skull

swollen glands for a day

Sounds seemed magnified like when you have a head cold

vision staggard as if objects shimmy side to side

Occasional low grade fevers of 99 or 99.5

better when laying down and worse on humid or rainy days

Been told by 6 different people including pharmacist I sound nasally

sense of taste dull

occasional mild itch/pain deep inside ears

occasional drainage in throate

Started out as occasional lightheadedness about twice a week, then progressed to every day followed by ear and sinus pressure. Got real bad for about 2 to 3 weeks, then lightened up but still there. Had about 3 good days where I felt normal but tired.....a couple weeks later all symptoms lasted for 2 months then completely went away for 2 months
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then started again middle of May with stabbing throbbing deep inner ear pain just behind right ear at night. Then next day lightheaded and on and off itchy deep ear pain in both ears, with throate pain on sides but did not hurt to swallow, instead when I would breath in it felt raw and dry on sides of throate

Swollen glands below jaw on both sides with vision shimmering side to side. Mild on and off headaches and sinus like pressure above and around eyes and on forehead.

Off balance especially when turning head, top heavy foggy feeling. occsional pain in back of head at base of skull on both sides. Bad smell when exhaling through nose

Symptoms arent as bad now except balance ( especially when turning head) and visual problem (shimmering side to side) . Gets calmer with a xanax but is still there. It's been 2 months and the visual part of it and off balance feeling is still with me

Almost feels like a head cold minus the runny nose and sneezing. Really feel out of it and not myself. Tired all the time. The visual problem is what bothers me the most.

Saw neuro opthomologist and checked out fine.

Tests done a few months ago:

Hearing test was good
ENG test was good
Ultrasound of the carotid arteries 30% left and 50% right blockage but later had MRI and was normal
Blood test of the thyroid was normal
x-rays of the sinuses showed slightly enlarged sinuses (that was done when symptoms were almost gone the first time)
CRP level was 11
saw neuro opthomologist and eyes looked normal

Please, if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Doctors have been no help. Especially my ent with his 5 second exam....and I have no health insurance to see another doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User
Re: vision shaking side to side

At any point in all of this were you given antibiotics for an infection? That's what it sounds like to a non-doc.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
(male)

regal94 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelaC View Post
At any point in all of this were you given antibiotics for an infection? That's what it sounds like to a non-doc.
Thank for replying. No, even though I asked for them multiple times. Just went to ent again today and he took sinus x rays again and I have an appointment with a neuro tommorrow.

Ent didnt elaborate as usual even though I asked him what it could be. He just said lets wait for the xrays to see if you have a sinus infection.

I just do not understand why 4 different docs wont give me any antibiotics to see if that clears this up. When I ask why they wont they say it doesnt sound bacterial.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User

Weird. Doctors used to throw antibiotics at everybody for anything, which got us into this superbug mess, but still....you'd think after all this time a round of antibiotics would be worth a try. Hope you get an answer soon.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
(male)

yktan9 HB User

I have been having symptoms similar to yours. Especially the shimmying/left right swaying of objects. It is indeed the most depressing of all symptoms. Done many tests/scans without solutions yet. Doctors say could be viral in nature (probably why they don't prescribe antibiotics).

How are your symptoms now? Have you gotten well already?

One thing for you to check if it persists. Does the vision problem occur when you close one of your eyes? I found one of the eyes don't focus as well. If I close that eye, it the swaying or shifting vision does not occur as much.

Last edited by yktan9; 02-24-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
(male)

smanmail HB User

After a boatload of tests and all coming back normal including sinus x rays, cardiology tests, and even a neurologist that had me scared that I had MS....I INSISTED on a sinus Ct scan, from my ENT.....

The ENT a first class quack that didn't bother to read the entire report said it was normal. I went and got my medical records and read them all. It turns out the ct scan was abnormal, frontal and ethmoid sinuses were almost completely blocked causing pressure on my eyes and that's what caused the shimming of the vision and lightheadedness....I suffered with this for a miserable 9 MONTHS!!!

Prior to all this I went to my dentist for a routine cleaning and explained all this to him and he prescribes a 10 day round of amoxicillian....symptoms cleared up for a few days then came back. After researching this on line for weeks, I found where I needed a stronger antibiotic. I went back to the quack ENT and told him I needed Augmentin and I wanted a 2 week round. He gave me a hard time and said he would give me 7 days.

I read if you don't completely kill the bacteria in full the first time around it comes back and more resistant so I INSISTED on a 2 week round and had to threaten him that if he did not comply with my request based on the info I had I was going to turn him in to the AMA and whoever else I could think of

He reluctantly and with an attitude prescribed what I asked for
After I finished the antibiotics and 2 days after....ALL SYMPTOMS DISAPPEARED AND NEVER CAME BACK!!!!!!!!!

I STONGLY URGE YOU TO GET YOUR OWN MEDICAL RECORDS AND DO RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET. if you can switch ent's and find a good one DO IT!!...YOU CAN READ REVIEWS OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ANY DOCTOR IN YOUR STATE AT RATEMDS DOT COM

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND HOPE THEY DON'T MAKE YOU SUFFER FOR ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR LIKE I DID

A lot of so called doctors out there don't know squat....I found that I know more about my problems than they do, they just want your insurance money and when you leave their office you are out of their minds.

I forst started asking question with a pharmacist and he is the one that steered me in the right direction.....

Hope you feel better soon!!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
(male)

crow105 HB User

having same problem. Im 15 and im not sure what to do, no money, no computer at home, have a single mom, barely making it by. Things similar to what you dicribed have been happening for a couple of weeks now. Ear pain not involved. Havent gone to a docter because i cant afford it. Im getting really worried about these symptoms. When the vision shaking occurs, and i close my eyes, it feels like the whole world is spinning. It lasts breifly, maybe 5 minutes, but it feels like forever. I get really...on edge when it happens, not sure what to expect next. Extensive research online has lead to absolutley NO solutions. Not sure where to turn or who to talk to. Is it related to smoking maye? Allergy? Sickness, such as disease? Seems that a viral explanation is not plausible. Symtoms last way to long to be only a virus. Need help. Rely ASAP

Old 04-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
(male)

smanmail HB User

I suffered with this for a long miserable 9 months...they had me believing I had MS or some neurological disease, you know what it turned out to be?? despite my so called doctors telling me there was no way it could be it until I insisted on a ct scan of my sinuses?.....it was a dry sinus infection, my ethmoid and frontal sinuses were completely blocked putting pressure on my eyes causing the vision and light headed problems....I INSISTED on a strong 10 2 week round of augmentin and guess what....all symptoms dissapeard in a few days after taking this and it never came back....I found all this out on the web and talking to a pharmacist...so much for doctors, they are worthless.

I didnt have the typical sinus infection, no runny nose, no itchy eyes none of that, just occasional sinus pressure, headaches and vision problems and severe light headedness . I felt like I was drunk most the time. You being 15, I am sure it's nothing serious.....Please try to get to a doctor for some antibiotics. Try a free clinic if you cant afford one, they are everywhere and they will give you the medication you need....I hope you feel better, I know how frustrating and a living hell it can be....write back and let us know how you are doing......god bless!

Last edited by smanmail; 04-24-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Closed Thread