It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
(male)

flemmy HB User
Recurring conjunctivitis

Hi all..

I've had at least 40 bouts of bad pink eye over the last 2 years or so. The longest I've gone withOUT having an attack has been about 6 weeks. It's in alternating eyes (never both at the same time). It seems to flare up at night, and may be because I get dry eyes when I sleep. Usually last about 2 or 3 days, although this last one is lasting 8 so far. Saw an opthalmologist, and she seemed a bit baffled and thought it might be an allergy to staph.

There's a white spot or semi-circle inside the iris associated with it. I documented it with some photos. I wonder if there's anyone that might know what's going on. I can't figure out if this is an allergy or virus...and why it won't go away. I wish there was an eye doc that could look at my photos and tell me what might be happening...or anyone...?

Thanks!
-m

Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
(female)

earthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB User
Re: Recurring conjunctivitis

Unfortunately dry eyes can make you susceptible to conjunctivitis due to the breakdown of the normal defense from the tear layer. I just can't seem to be able to imagine "a white spot or semi-circle inside the iris" which you are able to take photos of with your camera. They must be rather obvious then that does not require a slit lamp/magnifier to view or capture the image. Since you know you are suffering from dry eyes, are you currently being treated for them? When you have the conjunctivitis, what eye drops do you use?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
(male)

flemmy HB User

Hi and thanks for the reply. the white spot is very noticeable. I have some great photos from the last attack. I sent them to the doctor who I saw a year ago. She didn't get to witness the white spot, as it had healed by the time I got in to see her. She seemed baffled by mt description also. She prescribed a steroid/antibiotic eye drop. Not sure if it's helped (or maybe hurt?).....

Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
(female)

earthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB User

Hi, would you mind sending me those photos also if you still have them? Were the white spots on the cornea or the iris?

Closed Thread