It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

basket1 HB User
BOTH eyes RED, irritated ALL day no matter what!

What could be wrong with my eyes? ALL day today they have been badly irritated. I had gooey white stuff in them constantly too. At one point, they both became SO red...I was scared! I had never seen eyes look that bloodshot before. The irritation felt like there was something in my eyes. I put allergy drops in them and while they look better, they are STILL red. I have done everything and usually my eye allergies would be fine by now with drops. My nose is also running which is why I thought it was allergies as well. But I have NEVER experienced constant bad irritation with allergies, that just won't go away.

I didn't sleep at all last night and I'm sure that didn't help. In the corners of my eye on the skin it is also itchy. I'm most concerned with the fact that my eyes are still red. What could this be!? Im 21 years old btw

Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Re: BOTH eyes RED, irritated ALL day no matter what!

You might have allergies that are not being helped by the over the counter drops you are using. You could also have conjunctivitis (pink eye). Either way, you need to be checked by an ophthalmologist to get the proper treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
(female)

earthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB User

From the way you described, the chances of you having a bacterial infection is very high! and the gooey white stuff points toward that as well. Allergies will generally give you more watery runny type discharge. You said the allergy drops made your eyes look slightly better and that's because most allergy drops will tend to vasoconstrict which means that your vessels will become less engorged, but it is very short lived. I hope by now you had your eyes checked out and given antibiotics drops to treat your problem.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
(female)

basket1 HB User

My eyes still bother me from time to time, but it's not as bad. I never saw an eye doctor...because I think I know what may have caused it. I did look into my Adderall's effect on eyes and it does often make your eyes red/dry. Plus it causes lack of sleep which makes your eyes bloodshot even more.

Another thing is I think it might be partially due to allergies after all My eczema has been really bad these past few months, my nose has been running, and I have been getting very dry patches on my scalp. The WORST dry scalp I've ever had in my life! Usually eye drops work for my eyes but they aren't as effective this time. However, my eczema cream hasn't been as effective either. My Zyrtec also hasn't completely cleared my sinus's when it usually does too.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
(female)

basket1 HB User

My eyes still bother me from time to time, but it's not as bad. I never saw an eye doctor...because I think I know what may have caused it. I did look into my Adderall's effect on eyes and it does often make your eyes red/dry. Plus it causes lack of sleep which makes your eyes bloodshot even more.

Another thing is I think it might be partially due to allergies after all My eczema has been really bad these past few months, my nose has been running, and I have been getting very dry patches on my scalp. The WORST dry scalp I've ever had in my life! Usually eye drops work for my eyes but they aren't as effective this time. However, my eczema cream hasn't been as effective either. My Zyrtec also hasn't completely cleared my sinus's when it usually does too.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
(male)

pitcherred HB User

really sounds like pink eye or conjuctivitis to me.

Closed Thread