It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

NewMommy19 HB User
I think i might go blind im so scared please help!!!!

ok.. been feelin down about myself lately..very ugly..so i bought an eyelash extension kit off ebay.. and it finally got here today and i was applying to my eyes and immediately i started feeling burning and couldnt keep my eyes open...it stung and was very painful ahh it was horrible..thinking i must have just put too much on or put it in the wrong part of my eye lid i kept going tryn somethin new each time.. well this got unbareable and i finally said i was finished..not only does it look ridiculous but now my eyes are very itchy and irritated.. they were very red for a long time but arent anymore but ive noticed my eyes are getting very blurry i can focus on things up close but from far away i cannot see anything its just a blur!! i went to the ebay store i got it from and started reading about it.. it said it included blaack glue but this stuff was clear and blotchy on my eyelashes ( looks so stupid!!) and i started doin more research (although i can barely see ) and i found out that most of these places use formaldehyde in their glue and i read that it can permantely damange ur vision it can cloud ur cornea or even cause blindness.. i have no insurance and i tried rinsing my eyes out with water.. my husband is at work and its just me and my new born son here.. im extremely scared..does anyone know what will happen to my eyes has this happend to anyone before?!?! does the blurriness go away or is it permanent or is it going to get worse???! i read that it can get worse i am crying which is not helping the irritation at all!! PLEASE RESPOND FAST!!! THANKS AND GOD BLESS!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB UserJodieJ HB User
Re: I think i might go blind im so scared please help!!!!

In your place, I'd call the nearest Emergency Room (preferrably at a major medical center) and ask for advice. (I worked at an E.R. as a part-time clerk when I was in college, and people frequently called for advice.) If they thought I needed to be seen now, I'd have them bill me for the treatment.

Closed Thread