It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User
Why is my eyesight worse some days than others?

I have trouble seeing far away a bit (I don't have terrible vision, it's like 20/30 with mild astigmatism, but it's enough to make a huge difference when in lectures at school), so I got glasses about a year ago to wear primarily while in class. I was told that I could wear them all the time if I wanted, but it doesn't really matter much. Well some days, especially when I'm tired, my eyes just can't focus period, and I have to wear my glasses all day if I want to be able to function. Is this normal/why does it happen? I know that it's common for eyesight to get worse as time goes on, and I've noticed that mine has, and I'm sure that some day I'll have to wear glasses/contacts full time, but now, it seems a bit weird.

Thanks!

Old 09-27-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

KeelaC HB User
Re: Why is my eyesight worse some days than others?

Myopia is an elongation of the eyeball itself. It makes sense that vision can change somewhat depending on muscle tension/relaxation, so being tired can worsen the problem. I've read of people who can see better when they are off on vacation. How much of a difference stress/relaxation can make (if any), I have no idea.
This is assuming your only problem is myopia and not an eye muscle/eye alignment/brain thing that becomes apparent when you're tired.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-03-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: inappropriate comment

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
(female)

Sanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyou009 View Post
I have trouble seeing far away a bit (I don't have terrible vision, it's like 20/30 with mild astigmatism, but it's enough to make a huge difference when in lectures at school), so I got glasses about a year ago to wear primarily while in class. I was told that I could wear them all the time if I wanted, but it doesn't really matter much. Well some days, especially when I'm tired, my eyes just can't focus period, and I have to wear my glasses all day if I want to be able to function. Is this normal/why does it happen? I know that it's common for eyesight to get worse as time goes on, and I've noticed that mine has, and I'm sure that some day I'll have to wear glasses/contacts full time, but now, it seems a bit weird.

Thanks!
Do you think that maybe it has something to do with you not sleeping? When you get tired and at night when you sleep your eyes produce less tears. Your eyes need tears and moisture. Try to sleep 7-8 hours every nignt. Or maybe you have some type of dryeye problem?

Old 10-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User

I definitely don't have a problem with dry eyes! One of the best ways to tell my allergies are acting up is to look at my eyes...it'll look like I've been crying or am about to cry!

Old 10-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
(female)

Sanna HB User

I did not say you HAD dry eyes i just asked.

(If you have an allergic reaction your eyes will have more tears and it will look like you have been crying evan if you have dry eyes. I did not think i had dry eyes and when i went to the doctor she told me.)

Last edited by Sanna; 10-13-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User

Sorry if I came off as yelling or angry...I was just emphasizing my statement. But no, my eyes definitely produce a lot of fluid, even when my allergies aren't bad.

Closed Thread