It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
(male)

beaan HB User
red bump/bruise above eyelid, below eyebrow

On October 18th, 2009 I noticed what looked like a zit on my right upper eyelid below my eyebrow. So I squeezed it but it instantly got larger, redder, and swollen. I saw my family doctor who thought it was a stye/chalizon and reffered me to an opthamologist but he said it was not a stye, chalizion, cyst, etc. as there is no fluid/pus inside it. My regular doctor said he would've lanced it if it wasnt so close to the eye but the opthamologist said that wouldve been the wrong call since there is no pus inside all that wouldve happened is a lot of blood (and pain..lol)

I used warm compresses on it for 11 days but nothing happened.
I've been on a topical steroid ointment combined with antibiotics.
(neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates and dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment 3.5 grams) I started out using is 3 times a day. I've started on the ointment on 10/29/09

The opthamologist noticed it looking a little better and told me to continue taking the steroid twice a day now. I go back for another follow up next week in which it will have been exactly a month since I squeezed that area (which I know I shouldn't have done) and 3 weeks on the steroid then.

The opthamologist does not know what it is (and my regular doctor misdiagnosed it) Should I see a dermatologist now? I think that's my next step. I have pics of it if anyone would like to see.

I really would like to know what this is. When I use the ointment occassionally I feel a little tingling/itching feeling on the area.

This is taking a very long time to heal and I know the eyelids are the thinnest skin on the body. I also have seborrheic dermatitis and once in awhile I get cold sores by my lips. The opthamologist ruled out eye herpes and also ruled out a clogged pore/duct. He also doesn't think it is cancerous or anything of that nature.

Last edited by beaan; 11-10-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: adding more info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
(male)

beaan HB User
Re: red bump/bruise above eyelid, below eyebrow

good news, I had a biopsy and it was a benign cyst caused by an infected hair follicle.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
(female)

kokos HB User
Re: red bump/bruise above eyelid, below eyebrow

I have had the same thing, and it has been there for at least a month or two now. I think I will go to the eye doctor and see what they say.

Closed Thread